India & World Current Affairs May 2016
5th Heart of Asia Conference Held
- The Heart of Asia (HoA) conference concluded on April 28, 2016 in New Delhi. The conference was attended by 14 countries Head’s of States including Pakistan.
- The main objective of the conference is bringing peace and stability to Afghanistan and speeding-up its reconstruction and boosting the economy of Afghanistan by bringing up Energy, infrastructure and investment deals.
- The Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process was established in November, 2011 to provide a platform to discuss regional issues, particularly encouraging security, political, and economic cooperation among Afghanistan and its neighbors.
India Signed Agreement with Papua New Guinea
- The Union Cabinet signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) between India and Papua New Guinea on cooperation in the field of Healthcare and Medical Science On April 27, 2016.
- The bilateral MoU will encourage cooperation between the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of India and the Ministry of Health and HIV/AIDS of the Papua New Guinea through joint initiatives in the health sector.
- It will strengthen bilateral ties between India and Papua New Guinea. Indian cooperation with the Islands of the Pacific to be a key component of our Act East Policy.
India, Mauritius Signed Pact to Promote Traditional Medicine
- India and Mauritius have inked anMoU to promote cooperation in traditional medicine and homeopathy on April 19, 2016.
- The MoU included exchange of experts, supply of traditional medicinal substances, joint research and development and recognition of the traditional systems of health and medicine in both countries.
- It also aimed at promotion and popularisation of the various Indian traditional systems which fall under Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, & Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
- Earlier, the Union AYUSH Ministry also signed similar MoUs with Malaysia, China, Trinidad and Tobago, Bangladesh, Hungary and Nepal.
ISB, Singapore Management University Inked MoU
- The Indian School of Business (ISB) and Singapore Management University signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) for collaboration in innovation, entrepreneurship and research on April 15, 2016.
- It aims to exchange faculty and students and explore the possibility of offering joint programmes. It was signed for five years.
- To contribute their-ideas on business modeling, commercialisation of technologies and preparing companies for international markets.
Pages 1 2