National Current Affairs March 2017
National Current Affairs
- Government Constituted Task Force for Preparing Action Plan for Next Three Olympic Games
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the Constitution of the Task Force Committee for preparing action plan for next three Olympic Games 2020, 2024 and 2028 on January 30, 2017.
- It will suggest a comprehensive action plan including short-term, medium term and long-term measures for effective participation of Indian sportspersons in the next three Olympic Games to be held in 2020, 2024 and 2028.
- It will suggest effective methods to identify core probable/mejdal prospects for 2020 Olympics, their coaches and support staff.
- It will suggest effective talent identification system for 2024 and 2028 Olympics. It will identify components of world class support system for elite sportspersons and lay down the pathway.
Sports Minister Reconstituted Committee to Identify Athletes under TOP Scheme
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs and Sports Vijay Goel has reconstituted TOP committee with the objective of identifying and supporting potential medal prospects for 2020 and 2024 Olympic Games under the Target Olympic Podium’ scheme on January 27, 2017.
- The Committee will select elite athletes to provided financial assistance for their customised training at Institutes having world class facilities and other necessary support.
- A programme, namely TOP (Target Olympic Podium) Scheme was formulated within the overall ambit of National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) with the objective of identifying and supporting potential medal prospects for 2016 and 2020 Olympic Games.
- Under the scheme the selected athletes are provided financial assistance for their customised training at Institutes having world class facilities and other necessary support which is expected to result in improved performance and a higher position in medals tally for the country.
India Celebrated 68th Republic Day
- India celebrated its 68th Republic Day on January 26, 2017.
- The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi (Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed A1 Nahyan) was the Chief Guest on January 26, 2017 (Republic Day Parade of India) at Rajpath, New Delhi.
- Skill India and Beti Bachao Beti Padhao are themes for 68th Republic Day tableaux.
- There is also a debut of an NSG vehicle is (Sherpa—a bullet proof armoured anti-hijacking vehicle). It is itself a commando, can resist powerful explosions and go under water too.
Ministry of AYUSH and Advertising Standards Council of India Signed MoU
- The Ministry of AYUSH signed an MoU with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI). Addressing the cases of misleading advertisements with respect to Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy drugs, treatments and related services on January 20, 2017.
- The Ministry of AYUSH will also redirect complaints against misleading advertisements they receive, to the ASCI, which will be reviewed using ASCI’s code and guidelines.
- The MoU also requires ASCI to report to the Ministry of AYUSH, all advertisements in potential violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act,
- 1954 and Rules thereunder as well as non-compliance of ASCI’s CCC recommendations for the Ministry of AYUSH to take further action.
Read also – Daily Current Affairs
National Action Plan for Children, 2016 Released
- National Action Plan for Children, 2016 released by Women & Child Development Ministry on January 24, 2017.
- The Action Plan has four key t priority areas; survival, health and nutrition; education and development; protection and participation.
- The NPAC defines objectives, sub-objectives, strategies, action points and indicators for measuring progress under the four key priority areas and also identifies key stakeholders for the implementation of different strategies.
- The plan also puts focus on newt and emerging concerns for children such as online child abuse, children affected by natural and man-made disasters and climate change, etc.
- The National Policy for Children (2013) provides for formation of a National Coordination and Action Group (NCAG) under the Ministry of Women and Child Development to coordinate and implement the plan and monitor the progress with other Ministries concerned as its members.
Prime Minister Inaugurated Raisina Dialogue in Delhi
- The Union government inaugurated the flagship geo-political conference ‘Raisina Dialogue’ that reform would not be enough ‘unless it transforms economy and society’ on January 19, 2017.
- The Raisina Dialogue is an annual conference held in New Delhi, envisioned to be India’s flagship conference of geopolitics and geo-economics.
- The conference, organised like the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore is held jointly by Ministry of External Affairs, India and the Observer Research Foundation (ORF), an independent think-tank based in India.
- The theme of the first dialogue was Connecting Asia, which tries to capture the various facets of these ambition.