APICET Exam Pattern, Syllabus 2017
Andhra Pradesh – Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET) is a state-level MBA entrance examination conducted for admission to various B-schools and MBA colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
APICET 2017 will be conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).
Applications for APICET 2017 can only be submitted through Online mode. Candidates can still register for the exam by paying late fee.
The date for filling in of application form have not be announced yet.
Candidates can opt to pay through online centers in AP (MeeSevaCenters, e – SevaCenters) or via payment gateway (Credit Card / Debit Card).
The application fee is Rs 250. However, candidates can still register later for the exam with a late pay of Rs 10,000.
APICET Exam Eligibility –
Candidates seeking admission in MBA courses through APICET 2017 should fulfil the following criteria:
- Candidates should be residents of Andhra Pradesh
- Should be graduates with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC,ST reserved categories) in Bachelors Degree Examination
- Candidates appearing for the final year degree examination are also eligible to appear for APICET – 2017
APICET Exam Pattern-
In APICET 2017, candidates need to attempt 200 questions in 150 minutes. The exam paper will consist of three sections:
Section A- mathematical ability which will be of 75marks
Section B- analytical ability also of 75marks
Section C-communication which will be of 50marks
Each question has one mark. There is no negative marking in the exam. English is there only for Section-C and English & Telugu for Section-A & Section-B of the question paper.
APICET 2017 examination is expected to be conducted at the following 17 Regional Test Centers in Andhra Pradesh:
APICET Exam Syllabus –
Candidates need to attempt 200 Questions (200 Marks) in 150 minutes. Here’s a detailed look at APICET 2016 syllabus:
Section A: Analytical Ability
Topics covered under Analytical Ability are:
- Problem Solving
- Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
- Data Analysis: Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analysed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
- Coding and Decoding
- Date, Time & Arrangement Problems: Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Section B: Mathematical Ability
Topics covered under Mathematical Ability are:
- Arithmetical Ability:
Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
- Algebra and Geometrical Ability:
Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms.
- Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative; Plane geometry – lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
- Statistical Ability: Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section C: Communication Ability
Topics covered under Communication Ability are:
- Functional grammar
- Business and Computer terminology: Identification of basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)
Visit Current-Affairs.org for the current affairs, previous year question papers, online quiz for the competitive exams and many more. If you need more question paper comment down your email id.