- 1 Indian Postman Previous Question Papers – Mail Guard
- 1.1 Part-A General Knowledge
- 1.2 Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam Question Paper in Tamil
- 1.2.1 Frequently Asked Questions – Indian Postman Mail Guard FAQ
- 18.104.22.168.1 Q) What is the Indian Postman Mail Guard Examination?
- 22.214.171.124.2 Q) How to get the Indian Postman Mail Guard Application Form?
- 126.96.36.199.3 Q) What is the Indian Postman Mail Guard Application Form Fee?
- 188.8.131.52.4 Q) How to pay the Indian Postman Mail Guard Application Form Fee?
- 184.108.40.206.5 Q) What is the pay scale for the Indian Postman Mail Guard various posts?
- 220.127.116.11.6 Q) How to prepare for the Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam?
- 18.104.22.168.7 Q) Is there any relaxation in age for SC/ST for Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam?
- 1.2.1 Frequently Asked Questions – Indian Postman Mail Guard FAQ
Indian Postman Previous Question Papers – Mail Guard
You will get the postman exam model question paper with answer in this post. India, a hub of generating tremendous opportunities has emerged with government jobs in its postal department with many vacancies offered by them. The Indian postal department has various branches in different states, which keen on bringing its vacancies for the recruitment process and this time, the mail guard and postman post are available and multitasking staff post.
Indian Post is the postal service system managed by the government of India and it is the part of Ministry of Communication of Indian Government. Indian Post most widely administrated postal service in the world. It is responsible for transporting mails, obtaining deposits via small saving schemes, repealing money by orders along with these services Indian Post also provides life insurance policies via Postal Life Insurance (PLI).
There are 23 different postal circles, ever single circle is operated by a Chief Postmaster General and these circles are split into regions and divisions. Divisions are also divided into subdivisions along with 23 circles. Sikkim, Himanchal Pradesh has one of the highest post office in the world at a height of 4700 meters operated by Indian Post.
The Indian postal department is one of the largest communication department all over the world. Every year the Indian postal department provides employment to a large number of eligible candidates. It is one of the largest employing departments in the government sector. Nevertheless, not everyone can join the Indian postal department. If that would have been the case, today the whole country would have been working in the department and Indian postal department would have been overflowing with workers. Therefore, the Indian postal department conducts an examination every year to select the eligible candidates who are capable of performing their task efficiently. Evidently, this examination is not a piece of cake.
Previous Year Exam Question Paper of Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam
|S. No.||Indian Postman Exam||Download PDF|
|1||TN Postal Dept Preparation Tips for Postman Exam||Download|
|2||TamilNadu Postal Circle Solved Question Papers||Download|
|3||TNPOSTAL Circle Previous Year Exam Question Papers||Download|
|4||Check TN Postal MTS Solved Papers – General Knowledge||Download|
|5||Tamil Nadu Postal Circle Multi Tasking Staff Placement Papers||Download|
|6||TamilNadu Postal Dept Sample Paper – English||Download|
|7||TN Postal Circle Previous Question Papers – Tamil||Download|
Postman Previous Question Papers
The Postal service of India has occupied a vital status in serving the needs of customers and thus, the influx of application form would be higher as the applicants consider this as a great opportunity that open a pathway to government service. In order to enhance the preparation and perspective towards this exam, we have gather some important links that holds previous papers of this exam, along with Postman Mail Guard Question Paper to boost the preparation conceptually and streamline it for the exam.
Not only this, we also provide the latest syllabus with pattern consider for postal department exam. All these are offered to you in this post so, read the information carefully and pick the important information from it.We have given the updated syllabus and the exam pattern of the postman mail guard, the aspirant need to check the syllabus and the exam pattern thouroughly and also check the postman exam model question paper with answer so that one can prepare well for the examination and they can suceed in the examination.
Recently Indian Post has released the notification for the recruitment of postman and mail guard post for many branches of different states of India. So in this article you will get to know about recruitment related information, syllabus & Exam pattern, Preparation guidelines as well as applicant can download the Postman previous year question papers of Postman & Mail Guard examination attached below in this article in PDF version.
Syllabus for Postman Mail Guard Exam
Exam syllabus and pattern are described here, along with the other information. The exam marks – 100, Duration – 2 hrs.
This exam consist of multiple choice questions, and sections followed are
- General knowledge
All carries equal weightage and this exam will be conducted in offline mode (written exam).
The exam follows question from theses specific sections and for other related information please visit the official website of the INDIA postal department.
How to Prepare for Postman Exam Question Papers?
Many people apply for this examination every year. While some people apply because they always dreamed of working in Indian postal department, other people apply because they do not have any job in hand and are desperate to get one. In both the cases, the applicants try their best to obtain the job. This increases competition in the examination. Aspirants must prepare well for the examination if they desire to qualify in it. You must practice postman exam study material in PDF format for the better understanding about the exam. Practicing the postman previous papers will definitely give you an edge over the other aspirants. The previous questions include the questions that have already appeared the examination the recent years. This would help you know about the difficulty level of question in the examination. Moreover, practicing the previous year question like an actual exam would help you manage your time during the exam. In simple words, proper practice of the previous questions aids in cracking the examination.
Postman Mail Guard Question Paper
The applicants will be available here with some of the most vital links that will help them in developing the strategy of the exam and understanding the type of questions involved here, so download these links in PDF as they are absolutely free to use and can be easily downloaded. All applicants will be given free access to each of these papers, along with solutions sheets. Applicants who are applied for Postal Circle Jobs are in search for Postman Question Papers. For many people, we’re providing Indian Postal Model Papers. Candidates that did not start their preparation yet, do not bother. Assess the Preceding Year Papers and perform preparation.
Part-A General Knowledge
1. Which State of India has lowest sex ratio as per Census-2011?
d. Jammu and Kashmir
2. Mahatma Gandhi Hydroelectric Project is located on which river?
a. Godavari b. Sharavati
c. Cauvery d. Krishna
3. In which one of the following animals, is skin a respiratory organ?
a. Cockroach b. Frog
c. Shark d. Whale
4. Where did the Panchayati Raj in India first introduced in 1959?
a. Rajasthan b. Kerala
c, Karnataka d. Maharashtra
5. Who among the following was the first British Governor General of India?
a. Lord Dalhousie
b. Lord Rippon
c. Lord Macalay
d. Lord Warren Hastings
6. Who among the following was not a moderate?
a. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
b. Ferozshah Mehta
c. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
d. SN Banerjee
7. Who abolished the system of Dual Government in-Bengal?
a. Lord Clive
b. Lord Cornwallis
c. Warren Hastings
d. William Bentinck
8. Who among the following is a mathematician of the Gupta Period?
a, Varhamihira b. Aryabhatta
c. Amarasimha d. None of these
9. The normal temperature of hufnan body in Kelvin scale, is
a. 280 b. 290
c. 300 d. 310
10. The most suitable metal for making permanent magnets, is
a. soft iron b. steel
c. copper d. aluminium
.11. The pitch of sound is measured by its
a. intensity b. waveform
c. frequency d. loudness
12. Who among the following is a Golf player and represents India in international events?
a. Mahesh Bhupati
b. Pankaj Adwani
c. Jeev Milkha Singh
d. None of the above
13. The fertile land between two rivers is called
a. Doab b. Terai
c. Water divide d. Watershed
14. Which State of India has the largest area?
a. Uttar Pradesh
b. Madhya Pradesh
15. The town, which is situated at the confluence of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda, is
a. Rudra Prayag
b. Dev Prayag
c. Vishnu Prayag
d. Kama Prayag
16. Match the following lists :
Disease By the Deficiency of
A. Rickets 1. Vitamin-C
B. Beri-Beri 2. Vitamin-A
C. Night Blindness 3. Vitamin-Bl2
D. Scurvy 4. . Vitamin-D
a. 1 2 3 4 b. 4 3 2 1
C. 3 2 1 4 d. 4 2 3 1
17. Black soil is mainly related to
a. cotton b. sugarcane
c. tea d. coffee
18. PQ is related to 02, in the same way as MNO is related to
a. 05 b. 02 c. 03 d. 05
19. Find out the odd one.
a. 19 b. 17 c. 13 d. 12
20. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word ABLE each of which has as many letters between them as in the English alphabet?
a. None b. One c. Two d. Three
21. If in a certain code language, BRIGHT is written as CSJHIU, then how will PUNTER be written in that language?
a. QVOUSF b, QOVFUS ,
c. QVOFUS d. QVOUFS
22. If A=1 and VAN = 37, then FAT = ?
a. 21 b. 20 c. 26 d. 27
23. What will be come in place of question mark (?) in the series given below?
LMD, MKG, NIJ, ? .
a. PKM , b. MGO
c. LGM d. OGM
24. Arrange the following words in a meaningful order:
1. Reading 2. Composing
3. Writing 4. Printing
a. 3,2,4, 1 b. 1,3, 4, 2
c. 2, 3, 4,1 d. 3, 1,2, 4
Part-B General Maths
26. What is the smallest possible length that can be exactly measured by the scales of lengths 3 cm, 5 cm and 10 cm?
a. 15 cm b. 28 cm
c. 30 cm d. 40 cm
27. One-eighth part of a pencil is black, half of the remaining part is white. If the remaining part is blue and length of this blue part is 3 – cm, find the length of the pencil,
a. 5 cm b. 6 cm
c. 7 cm d. 8 cm
28. A 120 m long rope is cut into three equal parts. What is the length of each part?
a. 25m b. 30m
c. 35 m d. 40m
29. When a number is multiplied five times with itself, it gives the value 1445. Find the number,
a. 15 b. 17
c. 18 d. 19
30. The ages of Ram and Shyam are in the ratio of 3 : 5. After nine years, the ratio of their ages will be 3 : 4. The present age of Shyam is
a. 15 yr b. 18 yr
c. 20 yr d. 24 yr
31. Average of ten numbers is 7. If every number is multiplied by 12, what will be the average of new numbers?
a. 77 b. 82
c. 84 d. 90
32. The average age of a man and his son is 33 years. The ratio of their ages is 31 : 13. What is the son’s age?
a. 15yr b. 20 yr. c. 26 yr. d. 35 yr
33. Sum of three numbers is 1020 and their ratio is 2 : 5 : 10. Find the greatest number.
a. 550 b. 600 c. 700 d. 800
34. The prices of a scooter and a television are in the ratio of 8 : 7. If the scooter costs 7 2000 more than the television, then find the price of television,
a. 7 14000 c. 7 20000
35. In what ratio must a grocer mix two types of rice costing 7 7.50 per kg and 7 10 per kg respectively, so as to get a mixture worth 7 8.25 per kg?
a. 4:3 b. 7:3 C. 8 : 3 d. 2 : 5
36. Ravi and Kavi started a business by investing 7 8000 and 7 72000 respectively. Find the ratio of their profits, at the end of year.
a. 1 : 9 b. 2:9 c. 5 : 9 d. 7:9
37. Harsh donates 300 ml blood in one time and donated three times in a year. How much blood will he donates in four years?
a. 1.2 L b. 0.36 L
c. 3.6 L d. 4.5 L
38. A and B can together do a piece of work in 18 days and A alone can do it in 36 days. In how many days B alone can do it?
a. 25 b. 36 c. 39 d. 42
39. Shantanu can do a piece of work in 12 days and Manu can do the same work in 10 days. If they work together, in what ratio Shantanu and Manu will receive their wages?
a. 5 : 6 b. 2 : 5
c. 3 : 2 d. 1 : 7
40. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 18 hours and 6 hours respectively. If both the pipes are opened simultaneously, how much time will be taken to fill the tank?
a. 4 h b. 6h c. 7h d. 10 h
41. A car covers a distance of 690 km in 30 hours. What is the average speed of the car?
a. 25 km/h b. 23 km/h
c. 20 km/h d. 18 km/h
42. Two trains are moving in the same direction with speeds of 15 km/h and 21 km/h respectively. What is the speed of trains in respect of each other?
a. 6 km/h b. 15 km/h
c. 24 km/h d. 26 km/h
43. In a zoo, there are 1200 animals bi because of certain reason, 300 animals died. Find the percentage of died animals.
a. 41% b. 37% c. 35% d. 25%
44. A person buys an article for 7 60ffl and sells it for 7 750. His profit percentage is
a. 20% b. 25%
c. 30% d. 35%
45. What will be the simple interest q 7 4000 at 12.5% per annum for thq period from February 4 to April 11 2008?
a. 7 50 b. 7 80
C. 7 100 d. 7 120
46. Vandana invested an amount of I 7 8000 in a fixed deposit scheme 1 two years at the rate of 5% per annum compound interest. How I much amount will Vandana get q maturity of the fixed deposit?
a. 7 8000 b. 7 8500
c. 7 8820 d. 7 8980
47. The cost of 2 sarees and 4 shirts isl 7 16000 while 1 saree and 6 shirts I cost the same. The cost of 12 shirts-
a. 7 12000 b. 7 24000
c. 7 48000 d. None of these
48. The area of a right angled triangl is 40 sq cm. If its base is equal to 28 cm, then find its height.
a. 41/7 b. 34/7 c. 27/7 d. 20/7
49. The diagonal of a cube is 8-v/3 ct Find the edge of the cube,
a. 5 cm b. 6 cm
c. 7 cm d. 8 cm
50. The surface area of a sphere is 616 sq m. What will be its diameter?
a. 9 cm b. 12 cm
c. 14 cm d. 18 cm
Part-C (i] General English
Directions (Q. Nos. 51-55) In questions, out of the four alternatives choose the one which best expresses the same meaning of the given word/
a. Musical composition . b. Alonesses c. True statements d. Single-mindedness
a. Smooth b. Oppressive
c. Dirty d. Resentful
a. Favourable fa. Clean
c. Nearby d. Patriotic
a. Duplication fa. Integrity
c. Rectification d. Recovery
Directions (Q. Nos. 56-60) In these questions, four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the given Idiom/Phrase.
56. The Alpha and Omega
a. A Shakespearean play
b. Beginning and end
c. A Greek song
d. A Swiss watch
57. To rise like a Phoenix
a. To resemble a Phoenician
b. Rise with a new life
c. To rise with anger
d. To get up with start
58. Merry as a cricket
a. To enjoy a game of cricket
b. To dance and sing
c. To be carefree
d. To be good at sports
59. Between the devil and the deep sea
a. In a dilemma
b. A man who is drowning
c. A deep sea diver
d. Near the coastline
60. To make one’s pile
a. To construct one’s house
b. To make a successful career
c. To make a fortune
d. To keep up rubbish
Directions (Q. Nos. 61-65) In these questions, choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word.
a. Wrong fa. Smooth
c. Precise d. Wordy
a. Alert fa. Careless
c. Prudent d. Promising
a. Avid fa. Related
c. Opposed d.. Partial
a. Disclose fa. Convict
c. Adjudge d. Sentence
a. Sacred fa. Transpire
c. Abundant d. Excellent
Directions (Q. Nos. 66-70) In these questions, some sentences are given with blanks to be filled with appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative.
66. The terrorists made a vain attempt to………the bridge.
a. blow down b. blow up c. blow over d. blow out
67. The Finance Minister may……… new proposals in his Budget speech.
a. bring out b. bring forward c. bring round d. bring forth
68. The main suspect in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case are still ……..
a. under a cloud
b. at daggers drawn
c. at large
d. at sea
69. The building was so old and dilapidated that it was not…….
a. habitation b. habitat
c. habitant d. habitable
70. Polyster shirts are more……….. than the cotton ones.
Directions (Q. Nos. 71 -75) In these questions, some of the sentence have errors are some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. If a sentence is free from errors, mark (d) as your answer.
71. Her clothes
(a) were spattered (b) by mud. (c) No error (d)
72. He was beside
(a)himself with rage (b)when he saw the mess, (c) No error (d)
73. We have benefitted from
(a) the discoveries bequeathed at us (b) by the scientists of the last century, (c) No error (d)
74. Although she didn’t mention me by name
(a) I know her remarks (b) were intended for my benefit, (c) No error (d)
75. He wasn’t
(a) just unconsiderate (b) he was down right rude, (c) No error (d)
These are the all questions which have been appeared in the exam of Postman Mail Guard.
Fill in the blanks with correct form of verbs.
76. I ___ watching TV when Paul and Simon arrived.
77. Do you think he ___ what I said?
78. She ___ to learn English in Malta next summer.
79. I don’t think I’ve ever ___ on that sofa.
80. Tom ___ tired.
81. When I was young I wanted to ___ a vet.
82. Did you used to ___ with dolls?
83. I’ve never ___ sushi before.
84. The window was already ___ when I got here.
85. Last night I ___ on the carpet and fell asleep.
86. I _____ to library yesterday.
Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam Question Paper in Tamil
We as a whole realize that earlier year question papers are basic with regards to the test planning perspective, it will assist you with getting ready well and score well in the examination. Postman Exam Model inquiry papers with answers gives you an approach to sort out the prospectus design by alluding last 3 or 4 earlier year question papers.
Frequently Asked Questions – Indian Postman Mail Guard FAQ
Q) What is the Indian Postman Mail Guard Examination?
This is an entrance exam to get a job under the Indian postal department which is one of the largest communication department all over the world.
Q) How to get the Indian Postman Mail Guard Application Form?
The forms are available online after the advertisement notification on the official website.
Q) What is the Indian Postman Mail Guard Application Form Fee?
The fee for the Indian Postman Mail Guard Application Form is Rs 100/-
Q) How to pay the Indian Postman Mail Guard Application Form Fee?
Aspirants can apply online and pay the fee via Debit Card, Credit Card, and Net Banking of any Bank Account.
Q) What is the pay scale for the Indian Postman Mail Guard various posts?
The starting basic pay of a Postman/Mailguard is 21,700/-. They also get Dearness Allowance every six months by the declaration of Central Government. Other admissible Allowances like Travelling Allowance, Home Rent, Children Education Allowance and many other allowances are admissible to them from time to time.
Q) How to prepare for the Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam?
The applicants try their best to obtain the Indian Postman Mail Guard Job and this increases competition in the examination. Aspirants must prepare well for the examination if they desire to qualify in it. Practising the postman previous papers and postman exam model question paper with answers will definitely give you an edge over the other aspirants.
Q) Is there any relaxation in age for SC/ST for Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam?
Aspirants aged between minimum 18 and maximum 27 years of age are eligible to apply for India Post Postman Mailguard Exam. Although there is an Age Relaxation for Schedule Cast/Schedule Tribes (SCs/STs) of 5 Years in the upper limit and for Other backward classes it is 3 Years.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.