- 1 India Post Postman/Mail Guard Recruitment Exam Question Paper Answer PDF
- 2 Part-A General Knowledge
- 3 Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam Question Paper in Tamil
India Post Postman/Mail Guard Recruitment Exam Question Paper Answer PDF
India, a hub of generating tremendous opportunities has emerged with government jobs in its postal department with many vacancies offered by them. The Indian postal department has various branches in different states, which keen on bringing its vacancies for the recruitment process and this time, the mail guard and postman post are available and multitasking staff post. The Postal service of India has occupied a vital status in serving the needs of customers and thus, the influx of application form would be higher as the applicants consider this as a great opportunity that open a pathway to government service. In order to enhance the preparation and perspective towards this exam, we have gather some important links that holds previous papers of this exam, along with sample papers to boost the preparation conceptually and streamline it for the exam. Not only this, we also provide the latest syllabus with pattern consider for postal department exam. All these are offered to you in this post so, read the information carefully and pick the important information from it.We have given the updated syllabus and the exam pattern of the postman mail guard, the aspirant need to check the syllabus and the exam pattern thouroughly so that they can prepare well for the examination and they can suceed in the examination.
Syllabus for Postman Mail Guard Exam
Exam syllabus and pattern are described here, along with the other information. The exam marks – 100, Duration – 2 hrs.
This exam consist of multiple choice questions, and sections followed are
- General knowledge
All carries equal weightage and this exam will be conducted in offline mode (written exam).
The exam follows question from theses specific sections and for other related information please visit the official website of the INDIA postal department.
Previous papers for Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam
The applicants will be available here with some of the most vital links that will help them in developing the strategy of the exam and understanding the type of questions involved here, so download these links in PDF as they are absolutely free to use and can be easily downloaded. All applicants will be given free access to each of these papers, along with solutions sheets.
Part-A General Knowledge
1. Which State of India has lowest sex ratio as per Census-2011?
d. Jammu and Kashmir
2. Mahatma Gandhi Hydroelectric Project is located on which river?
a. Godavari b. Sharavati
c. Cauvery d. Krishna
3. In which one of the following animals, is skin a respiratory organ?
a. Cockroach b. Frog
c. Shark d. Whale
4. Where did the Panchayati Raj in India first introduced in 1959?
a. Rajasthan b. Kerala
c, Karnataka d. Maharashtra
5. Who among the following was the first British Governor General of India?
a. Lord Dalhousie
b. Lord Rippon
c. Lord Macalay
d. Lord Warren Hastings
6. Who among the following was not a moderate?
a. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
b. Ferozshah Mehta
c. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
d. SN Banerjee
7. Who abolished the system of Dual Government in-Bengal?
a. Lord Clive
b. Lord Cornwallis
c. Warren Hastings
d. William Bentinck
8. Who among the following is a mathematician of the Gupta Period?
a, Varhamihira b. Aryabhatta
c. Amarasimha d. None of these
9. The normal temperature of hufnan body in Kelvin scale, is
a. 280 b. 290
c. 300 d. 310
10. The most suitable metal for making permanent magnets, is
a. soft iron b. steel
c. copper d. aluminium
.11. The pitch of sound is measured by its
a. intensity b. waveform
c. frequency d. loudness
12. Who among the following is a Golf player and represents India in international events?
a. Mahesh Bhupati
b. Pankaj Adwani
c. Jeev Milkha Singh
d. None of the above
13. The fertile land between two rivers is called
a. Doab b. Terai
c. Water divide d. Watershed
14. Which State of India has the largest area?
a. Uttar Pradesh
b. Madhya Pradesh
15. The town, which is situated at the confluence of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda, is
a. Rudra Prayag
b. Dev Prayag
c. Vishnu Prayag
d. Kama Prayag
16. Match the following lists :
Disease By the Deficiency of
A. Rickets 1. Vitamin-C
B. Beri-Beri 2. Vitamin-A
C. Night Blindness 3. Vitamin-Bl2
D. Scurvy 4. . Vitamin-D
a. 1 2 3 4 b. 4 3 2 1
C. 3 2 1 4 d. 4 2 3 1
17. Black soil is mainly related to
a. cotton b. sugarcane
c. tea d. coffee
18. PQ is related to 02, in the same way as MNO is related to
a. 05 b. 02 c. 03 d. 05
19. Find out the odd one.
a. 19 b. 17 c. 13 d. 12
20. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word ABLE each of which has as many letters between them as in the English alphabet?
a. None b. One c. Two d. Three
21. If in a certain code language, BRIGHT is written as CSJHIU, then how will PUNTER be written in that language?
a. QVOUSF b, QOVFUS ,
c. QVOFUS d. QVOUFS
22. If A=1 and VAN = 37, then FAT = ?
a. 21 b. 20 c. 26 d. 27
23. What will be come in place of question mark (?) in the series given below?
LMD, MKG, NIJ, ? .
a. PKM , b. MGO
c. LGM d. OGM
24. Arrange the following words in a meaningful order:
1. Reading 2. Composing
3. Writing 4. Printing
a. 3,2,4, 1 b. 1,3, 4, 2
c. 2, 3, 4,1 d. 3, 1,2, 4
Part-B General Maths
26. What is the smallest possible length that can be exactly measured by the scales of lengths 3 cm, 5 cm and 10 cm?
a. 15 cm b. 28 cm
c. 30 cm d. 40 cm
27. One-eighth part of a pencil is black, half of the remaining part is white. If the remaining part is blue and length of this blue part is 3 – cm, find the length of the pencil,
a. 5 cm b. 6 cm
c. 7 cm d. 8 cm
28. A 120 m long rope is cut into three equal parts. What is the length of each part?
a. 25m b. 30m
c. 35 m d. 40m
29. When a number is multiplied five times with itself, it gives the value 1445. Find the number,
a. 15 b. 17
c. 18 d. 19
30. The ages of Ram and Shyam are in the ratio of 3 : 5. After nine years, the ratio of their ages will be 3 : 4. The present age of Shyam is
a. 15 yr b. 18 yr
c. 20 yr d. 24 yr
31. Average of ten numbers is 7. If every number is multiplied by 12, what will be the average of new numbers?
a. 77 b. 82
c. 84 d. 90
32. The average age of a man and his son is 33 years. The ratio of their ages is 31 : 13. What is the son’s age?
a. 15yr b. 20 yr. c. 26 yr. d. 35 yr
33. Sum of three numbers is 1020 and their ratio is 2 : 5 : 10. Find the greatest number.
a. 550 b. 600 c. 700 d. 800
34. The prices of a scooter and a television are in the ratio of 8 : 7. If the scooter costs 7 2000 more than the television, then find the price of television,
a. 7 14000 c. 7 20000
35. In what ratio must a grocer mix two types of rice costing 7 7.50 per kg and 7 10 per kg respectively, so as to get a mixture worth 7 8.25 per kg?
a. 4:3 b. 7:3 C. 8 : 3 d. 2 : 5
36. Ravi and Kavi started a business by investing 7 8000 and 7 72000 respectively. Find the ratio of their profits, at the end of year.
a. 1 : 9 b. 2:9 c. 5 : 9 d. 7:9
37. Harsh donates 300 ml blood in one time and donated three times in a year. How much blood will he donates in four years?
a. 1.2 L b. 0.36 L
c. 3.6 L d. 4.5 L
38. A and B can together do a piece of work in 18 days and A alone can do it in 36 days. In how many days B alone can do it?
a. 25 b. 36 c. 39 d. 42
39. Shantanu can do a piece of work in 12 days and Manu can do the same work in 10 days. If they work together, in what ratio Shantanu and Manu will receive their wages?
a. 5 : 6 b. 2 : 5
c. 3 : 2 d. 1 : 7
40. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 18 hours and 6 hours respectively. If both the pipes are opened simultaneously, how much time will be taken to fill the tank?
a. 4 h b. 6h c. 7h d. 10 h
41. A car covers a distance of 690 km in 30 hours. What is the average speed of the car?
a. 25 km/h b. 23 km/h
c. 20 km/h d. 18 km/h
42. Two trains are moving in the same direction with speeds of 15 km/h and 21 km/h respectively. What is the speed of trains in respect of each other?
a. 6 km/h b. 15 km/h
c. 24 km/h d. 26 km/h
43. In a zoo, there are 1200 animals bi because of certain reason, 300 animals died. Find the percentage of died animals.
a. 41% b. 37% c. 35% d. 25%
44. A person buys an article for 7 60ffl and sells it for 7 750. His profit percentage is
a. 20% b. 25%
c. 30% d. 35%
45. What will be the simple interest q 7 4000 at 12.5% per annum for thq period from February 4 to April 11 2008?
a. 7 50 b. 7 80
C. 7 100 d. 7 120
46. Vandana invested an amount of I 7 8000 in a fixed deposit scheme 1 two years at the rate of 5% per annum compound interest. How I much amount will Vandana get q maturity of the fixed deposit?
a. 7 8000 b. 7 8500
c. 7 8820 d. 7 8980
47. The cost of 2 sarees and 4 shirts isl 7 16000 while 1 saree and 6 shirts I cost the same. The cost of 12 shirts-
a. 7 12000 b. 7 24000
c. 7 48000 d. None of these
48. The area of a right angled triangl is 40 sq cm. If its base is equal to 28 cm, then find its height.
a. 41/7 b. 34/7 c. 27/7 d. 20/7
49. The diagonal of a cube is 8-v/3 ct Find the edge of the cube,
a. 5 cm b. 6 cm
c. 7 cm d. 8 cm
50. The surface area of a sphere is 616 sq m. What will be its diameter?
a. 9 cm b. 12 cm
c. 14 cm d. 18 cm
Part-C (i] General English
Directions (Q. Nos. 51-55) In questions, out of the four alternatives choose the one which best expresses the same meaning of the given word/
a. Musical composition . b. Alonesses c. True statements d. Single-mindedness
a. Smooth b. Oppressive
c. Dirty d. Resentful
a. Favourable fa. Clean
c. Nearby d. Patriotic
a. Duplication fa. Integrity
c. Rectification d. Recovery
Directions (Q. Nos. 56-60) In these questions, four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the given Idiom/Phrase.
56. The Alpha and Omega
a. A Shakespearean play
b. Beginning and end
c. A Greek song
d. A Swiss watch
57. To rise like a Phoenix
a. To resemble a Phoenician
b. Rise with a new life
c. To rise with anger
d. To get up with start
58. Merry as a cricket
a. To enjoy a game of cricket
b. To dance and sing
c. To be carefree
d. To be good at sports
59. Between the devil and the deep sea
a. In a dilemma
b. A man who is drowning
c. A deep sea diver
d. Near the coastline
60. To make one’s pile
a. To construct one’s house
b. To make a successful career
c. To make a fortune
d. To keep up rubbish
Directions (Q. Nos. 61-65) In these questions, choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word.
a. Wrong fa. Smooth
c. Precise d. Wordy
a. Alert fa. Careless
c. Prudent d. Promising
a. Avid fa. Related
c. Opposed d.. Partial
a. Disclose fa. Convict
c. Adjudge d. Sentence
a. Sacred fa. Transpire
c. Abundant d. Excellent
Directions (Q. Nos. 66-70) In these questions, some sentences are given with blanks to be filled with appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative.
66. The terrorists made a vain attempt to………the bridge.
a. blow down b. blow up c. blow over d. blow out
67. The Finance Minister may……… new proposals in his Budget speech.
a. bring out b. bring forward c. bring round d. bring forth
68. The main suspect in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case are still ……..
a. under a cloud
b. at daggers drawn
c. at large
d. at sea
69. The building was so old and dilapidated that it was not…….
a. habitation b. habitat
c. habitant d. habitable
70. Polyster shirts are more……….. than the cotton ones.
Directions (Q. Nos. 71 -75) In these questions, some of the sentence have errors are some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. If a sentence is free from errors, mark (d) as your answer.
71. Her clothes
(a) were spattered (b) by mud. (c) No error (d)
72. He was beside
(a)himself with rage (b)when he saw the mess, (c) No error (d)
73. We have benefitted from
(a) the discoveries bequeathed at us (b) by the scientists of the last century, (c) No error (d)
74. Although she didn’t mention me by name
(a) I know her remarks (b) were intended for my benefit, (c) No error (d)
75. He wasn’t
(a) just unconsiderate (b) he was down right rude, (c) No error (d)
These are the all questions which have been appeared in the exam of Postman Mail Guard.
Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam Question Paper in Tamil
Previous Year Question Paper of Indian Postman Mail Guard Exam
|S. No.||Indian Postman Exam||Download PDF|
|1||TN Postal Dept Preparation Tips for Postman Exam||Download|
|2||TamilNadu Postal Circle Solved Question Papers||Download|
|3||TNPOSTAL Circle Previous Year Exam Question Papers||Download|
|4||Check TN Postal MTS Solved Papers – General Knowledge||Download|
|5||Tamil Nadu Postal Circle Multi Tasking Staff Placement Papers||Download|
|6||TamilNadu Postal Dept Sample Paper – English||Download|
|7||TN Postal Circle Previous Question Papers – Tamil||Download|
we provide the examination paper and the syllabus of every examination so do subscribe our website in order to get the exam clear the syllabus and the exam pattern plays a great role in the examination so prepare according to that and you will get success in the examination. Keep visiting our website to get the latest updates and the news about the examination.
For More Questions papers Visit our Home Page.