Tennis Current Affairs
Wimbledon Championships 2015
- The 2015 Wimbledon Championships held from June 29 to July 12, 2015 in London (United Kingdom).
- Defending Champion Novak Djokovic (Serbia) won the men’s singles title by defeating Roger Federer (Switzerland) on July 12, 2015. It was his third Wimbledon title i.e., Earlier in 2011 and 2014 and overall 12th men’s single Grand Slam title.
- Serena Williams (USA) won her 21st Grand Slam title in women’s singles category by defeating Garbine Muguruza (Spain) on July 11, 2015. It was her 4th Grand Slam championship in a row and her 25th career Grand Slam title match.
|Men’s Doubles||Jean-Jutien Rojer (Netherlands)/ Horia Tecau (Romania)||Jamie Murray (UK)/John Peers (Australia)|
|Women’s Doubles||Sania Mirza (India)/Martina Hingis (Switzerland)||Ekaterina Makarova/Elena Vesnina (Both Russia)|
|Mixed Doubles||Leander Paes (India)/Martina Hingis (Switzerland)||Alexander Peya (Austria)/ Timea Babos (Hungary)|
|Boys Doubles||Sumit Nagal (India)/Ly Hoang Nam (Vietnam)||Reilly Opelka (USA)/Akira Santillan (Japan)|
Football Current Affairs
FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015
- In the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup final match played at Vancouver (Canada) on July 5, 2015. the United States of America (USA) defeated Japan by 5-2 goals score With this victory United States became the first nation to win the crown three times. Earlier, USA had won in 1991 and 1999.
- Women’s FIFA World Cup played every 4 years amongst women’s national football teams of the member States of FIFA. It is established in 1991 and was known as Women’s World Cup tournament.
Read Also – Economy and Banking Current Affairs August 2015.
Copa America Cup 2015
- Chile won Copa America crown on July 4, 2015 by defeating Argentina with 4-1 goals. It is Chile’s first ever international trophy in Football which end their 99-year wait for this most prestigious football trophy of South America.
- The Copa America crown is an oldest annual international football competition established in 1916. It is played between the men’s national football teams of South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL).
- Now, these days the tournament format was different which was restructured in 1993 and involves 12 teams. These teams compete at venues in a host nation over a period of one month.
F1 Race Current Affairs
Hungarian Grand Prix 2015
- Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel (Germany) won the 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix of Formula One (F1) on July 26, 2015. It was his overall 41st FI victory in career, second victory of the season after Malaysian Grand Prix and first of Hungarian Grand Prix.
- Daniil Kvyat (Russia) stood at second of Red Bull, Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) stood at third of Red Bull, Max Verstappen (Netherlands) stood at fourth of Toro Rosso and Fernando Alonso (Spain) stood at fifth of McLaren.
British Grand Prix 2015
- Lewis Hamilton won his second successive British Grand Prix on July 5, 2015 by defeating Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg. This was his fourth victory of the season.
- With this, he became the first British driver since David Coulthard in 1999-2000 to post successive wins in the race.
- It was Hamilton’s third British GP win, his fifth this year and the 38th of his career. He took his points tally to 194, a lead of 17 over Rosberg who had narrowed the gap to 10.
We hope you like Sports Current Affairs August 2015 Part 1, give your feedback in comments and keep visiting current affairs.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.