India Officially Gifted Coast Guard Ship to Sri Lankan Navy
- India formally gifted Indian Coast Guard Vessel ‘Varaha’ to the Sri Lanka Navy at a ceremony held at the port of Colombo on August 28, 2015. Varaha had been in service with Sri Lanka Navy as Sri Lanka Naval Ship (SLNS) Sagara since 2006.
- The ship, which is 75 m in length and 11 m in width, was provided by the Indian government on a free dry lease agreement to the Sri Lanka Navy in 2006 in appreciation of the Sri Lanka Navy’s efforts to maintain the maritime .’ security in the region.
- SLNS Sagara is an Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) made by India in 1992. SLNS Sagara served the Sri Lanka Navy in many successful operations conducted during the conflict period. It has contributed immensely for surveillance activities since 2009 to date.
Agreement on Legal and Judicial Cooperation between India and Oman
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has given its approval on August 26, 2015 for signing and ratification of the agreement on mutual legal and judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters with Oman.
- This agreement will be beneficial for citizens of both countries. It will also fulfill the desire of both countries to strengthen the bonds of friendship and fruitful cooperation in the judicial and legal spheres, which is the spirit, essence and language of the preamble of the agreement.
- This agreement was under negotiation since 2003. During the visit of the Indian delegation to Muscat, Oman from May 16-18, 2010, negotiations were held and subsequently all provisions in the draft Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty in Civil and Commercial Matters were agreed upon.
See Also – Economy and Banking Current Affairs September 2015 .
India and Seychelles Signed Pact to Curb Black Money
- India signed a taxation agreement with the Seychelles on on August 26, 2015 for allowing exchange of information to curb tax evasion and avoidance during the official 3 day visit of Seychelles President James Alix Michel.
- This agreement will help India to curb tax evasion and also mutual assistance between the authorities of both nations to take action against suspected tax evaders. The Union Cabinet recently approved the signing and ratification of the taxation pact with the island nation to unearth black money.
- Apart this there are other 5 agreements signed. They are Presentation of Navigational chart related to Aldabra Island, Air Services Agreement, Providing one Dornier Maritime Aircraft, Cooperation in agricultural research and education and Protocol on framework of cooperation in the field of Blue Economy.
India and Egypt Signed Two Molls
- India and Egypt put in place a bilateral framework on August 74, 2015 for enhancing cooperation in key areas of security, counter-terrorism, defence and investments. Both countries signed two MoUs during the visit of Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to Egypt.
- An MoU signed between government of India and government ‘ for the Arab Republic of Egypt to enhance the bilateral cooperation in Tourism, Hospitality and iftiman Resource Development. The MoU seeks to draw up a road map for enhancing cooperation and establish a Joint Working Group (JWG).
- Another MoU signed between the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Republic of India and the National Research Centre (NRC), Egypt for promotion and’extension of cooperation in Scientific Research and Technology Development in fields Of mutual interest i.e.,Cooperate on common intellectual property rights
Develop Working Programme to review the implementation of MoU
Establish Joint Committee
Exchange of scientists, scholars, information
Joint Research Programmes in water desalination, solar energy, medicine and affordable health care, setting-up joint laboratories, etc.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox