Geography (India & World) Current Affairs
- The Bhagirathi river originates from Gomukh
- The rivers that pass through Himachal Pradesh are Seas, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej and Yamuna
- Which is the largest landlocked country in the world? Kazakhstan
- Which National Highway passes through central India from North to South? [Assistant Commandant 2014] NH-7
- The International Crop Research Institute for Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is located at Hyderabad [UP PSC (Pre) 2014]
- The lower layer of the atmosphere is known as Troposphere
- Asteroid belt is situated between Mars and Jupiter
- Jhelum, a tributary oflndus, rises from Verinag at the foot of Pir Panjal and it flows through Srinagar and Wular lake. Which river makes the international boundary with Pakistan? Jhelum
- The ozone layer in the upper part of the atmosphere protect us from Ultraviolet Rays
- Gwadar port, a deep seaport developed and operated by China, is located in which country? Pakistan
- The Paithan (Jayakwadi) Hydro- Electric Project, completed with the help of Japan, is on the river Godavar
- What is the time difference between each longitude? 4 Minutes
Read Also – National Current Affairs September 2015 (Part 4).
Indian Polity Current Affairs
- Who acts as the President of India when neither the President nor the Vice-President is available? Chief Justice of India
- The first Indian State to pass the Lokayukta Bill in 2011, is Uttarakhand
- The Contingency Fund of the State is operated by The Governor of the State
- Who has been vested with powers under Article-123 of the Constitution of India to promulgate ordinances which shall now the same force and effect as an Act of Parliament? Planning Commission [Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant 2014]
- Which part of the Indian Constitution deals with ‘Fundamental Rights’ Part-Ill
- In which part of the Indian Constitution, worker’s participation in management has been incorporated? Directive Principles of State Policy
- Which Article of Indian Constitution guarantees Freedom of Press? Article-19
- Which constitutional amendment makes provision for the reservation of seats of SCs and STs in Lok Sabha and State assemblies? [UP PSC Lower Sub 2014) 79th Amendment
- ‘Right to Property’ was removed from the list of Fundamental Rights by the 44th Amendment
- In the parliamentary form of governance, the executive is [IES 2014] Responsible to the Legislature
- By which constitutional amendment, the fundamental duties were inducted into Indian Constitution? [BPSC 2008] 42nd Constitutional Amendment
- To whom the ‘Public Accounts Committee’ presented its report? Lok Sabha Speaker
- In the absence of President and Vice-President, who performs the duties of President of India? Chief Justice of Supreme Court
- Prof. Milton Friedman is associated with which economic group? Chicago School [SSC CGL 2014]
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
We hope you like Smart Practice Current Affairs September 2015 [Part 4], give your feedback in comments.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.