Indian Postman Recruitment Exam Question Paper Solved
Part-A General Knowledge and Reasoning
1. Which of the following is not an effect of population growth in India?
a. Increase in food
b. Increase in population
c. Reduction in cultivable land
d. Increase in wildlife
2. Structural unemployment arises due to
a. deflationary conditions
b. heavy industry bias
c. shortage of raw materials
d. inadequate productive capacity
3. Which of the following schemes launched by the Government of Indian provides a guaranteed 100 days employment to overall employment seekers in India?
a. Bharat Nirman
b. Swarnajayanti Grameen Rojgar Yojana
c. National Rural Employment Gurantee Act
d. National Food for Work Programme
4. The Blue Revolution is related with
a. fish production
b. food grain production
c. oil seed production
d. milk production
5. We very frequently read about Special Economic Zones (SEZ’s) in newspapers. These SEZ’s were established with which of the following objectives?
1. To attract foreign investment directly.
2. To protect domestic market from direct competition from multinationals.
3. To provide more capital to agricultural and allied activities,
a. Only 1 b. Only 2
c. Only 3 d. All of these
6. Who, among the following, wrote the poem ‘Subah-i- Azadi’?
a. Sahir Ludhiyanvi
b. Faiz Ahmed Faiz
c. Muhammad Iqbal
d. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
7. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
a. Lord Cornwallis – Permanent Settlement
b. Lord Wellesley – Subsidiary Alliance System
c. Lord Hastings – Second Anglo Maratha War
d. Lord William Bentinck – Regulation Act XVII of 1827
8. Who of the following was known as Deshbandhu?
a. Aurobindo Ghosh
b. Chitta Ranjan (CR) Das
c. Dadabhai Naoroji
d. Jyotiba Phule
9. The second session of Indian National Congress was Presided over by
a. Ganesh Agarkar
b. Surendranath Banerjee
c. Dadabhai Naoroji
d. Pheroz Shah Mehta
10. Consider the following statements related to Raja Ram Mohan Roy :
1. He advocated stood widow remarriage.
2. He strongly, for the abolition of Sati System.
3. He advocated for the promotion of English Education.
a. Only 1 b. 1 and 2
c. 2 and 3 d. All of these
Direction (Q.No. 11) From the given alternatives, select the word which cannot be formed rising the letters of the given word.
a. NECTAR b. CARPET
c. PAINTER d. REPENT
Direction (Q.No. 12) From the given alternatives, select the word which can be formed using the letters of the given word.
a. MOVEMENT b. ENTERTAIN C. EMINENT d. ENTRANCE
13. When Anuj saw Manish, he recalled, ‘He is the son of the father of my daughter’s mother.’ Who is Manish to Anuj?
a. Brother-in-law b. Brother c. Cousin d. Uncle
14. At the end of a business conference the ten people persent all shake hands with each other once. How many handshakes will there be altogether?
a. 20 b. 45 c. 55 d. 90
Direction (Q.No. 15) Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
15. 5, 6, 9, 15, ?, 40
a. 21 b. 25 c. 27 d. 33
16. If the word ‘TERMINATION’ is coded as 12345671586, what should be the code for the word ‘MOTION’?
a. 438586 b. 458586
C. 481586 d. 485186
17. In a certain code, CALANDER is written as CLANAEDR. How is CIRCULAR written in that code?
a. ICCRLURA b.CRIUCLRA c. ICRCLUAR d. CRIUCALR
18. If V means ‘divided by’, ’ means ‘added to’, ‘x” means ‘subtracted from’ and V means ‘multiplied by’, then what is the value of 24 +12 -18 + 9?
a.-25 b. 0.72
c. 15.30 d. 290
19. [l³+2³ +…….+ 9³ + 10³] is equal to
a. 3575 b. 2525
c. 5075 d. 3025
20. If sum of two numbers x and y is equal to double of x, then value of y will be?
a. y = x b. > x
c.c < x d. Negative number
21. Rajeev read 3/8 part of a book in one day. Next day he read 4/5 part of the rest. Now 30 pages are left to read. How many pages are in the book?
a. 360 b. 1200 c. 240 d. 120
22. The sum of two digits of a number is 15. If 9 is added to the number, the digits are interchanged. What is the number?
a. 69 b. 87 c. 96 d. 78
23. The largest four digit number which is a multiple of 8, 10, 12 and 15 is
a. 0120 b. 9600
c. 9840 d. 9960
24. In an isosceles right angled triangled the length of one leg is 10 m. It’s area is
a. 40 m2 b. 52 m2
c. 50 m2 d. 48 m2
25. If the sum of circumference and radius of a circle is 51 cm, then the area of the circle is
a. 150 cm² b. 152 cm²
c. 154 cm² d. None of these
26. Find area of the shaded region in the following figure, if radius of each of the circles drawn inside the square is 7 cm.
a. 616 cm² b. 487 cm² c. 633 cm² d. 168 cm²
27. If a man works for 30 days of the whole month, he gets Rs. 42 per day. If he is absent on a work, he is fined Rs. 2 per day. If he gets Rs. 952 in all for the whole month, how many days did he not work?
a. 7 b. 8 c. 9 d. 10
28. Mohan engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs. 200 and a set of clothes after 10 days of his service. The servant left the job after 5 days only. Mohan paid him Rs. 20 in cash and a set of clothes as his proportionate wages. The price of the set of clothes is
a. Rs.80 b. Rs. 120
c. Rs.140 d. Rs.160
29. If 7 10 be allowed as true discount on a bill of Rs.110 due at the end of a certain time, then the discount allowed on the same sum due at the end of double the time is
a.Rs.20 b. Rs. 21.81
c. Rs.18.33 d. Rs. 22
30. A grocer buys 80 kg of rice at Rs.3.50 per kg and mixes it with 120 kg of rice available at Rs. 16 per kg. At what rate per kg should he sell the mixture to gain 20% on the whole?
a. Rs. 48 b. Rs. 38 c. Rs. 28 d. Rs. 18
31. If x² varies directly as y³ and when x=6, y =3, then which of the following relations is true?
a. 3x² = 4y³ b. 3x²=2y³
c. y²=2x³ d. y³=2x²
32. The average of 8 numbers is 20, that of the; first two is 15.5 and that of the next three is 21 -, the 6th is 3 less than the 7th by 4 and 7 less than the eighth. The last number is
a. 25 b. 28 c. 32 d. 35
33. Out of the four numbers, the average of first three is 15 and that of the last three is 16. If the last number is 19, the first one is
a. 15 to. 16 c. 18 d. 19
34. Monika purchased a pressure cooker at 9/10 th of its selling price and sold it at 8% more than its SP. Find her gain per cent.
a. 10% b. 20% c. 30% d. 40%
35. When a producer allows 36% commission on the retail price of his product, he earns a profit of 8.8%. What would be his profit per cent if the commission is reduced by 24%?
a. 39.6% b. 29.6%
c. 30% d. 49.6%
36. What percent of 2/7 is 1/35 ?
a. 2.5% b. 10%
c. 25% d. 20%
37. A boat covers a distance of 30 km in 5/2 h running downstream. While returning, it covers the same distance in 15/4 h. What is the speed of the boat in still water?
a. 8 km/h b. 12 km/h
c. 14 km/h d. 10 km/h
38. A deposited 16000 in a bank at 5% per annum simple interest. B deposited ? 5000 at 8% per annum compound interest. After 2 yr, the difference between their interests will
a. Rs. 230 b. Rs. 232 c. Rs. 600 d. Rs. 832
Part-C General English
Directions (Q.Nos. 39-42) Choose the most appropriate response out of four choices given after each question.
39. The word ‘Baneful’ means
a. Loss b. Evil
c. Profit d. Benefit
40. The word opposite in meaning to ‘Perilous’ is
a. Safe b. Hybrid
c. Descent d. Lament
41. The word ‘Coerce’ means
a. Thrilling b. Force
c. Suspended d. Hidden
42. The word opposite in meaning to ‘Conscientious’ is
a. Cruel b. Cicentious
c. Careless d. Whip
Directions (Q.Nos. 43-44) Give I one word for the following words/ sentences.
43. A person who regards the whole world as his country
a. Cosmopolitan b. Nationalist c. Patriot d. Metropolitan
44. A person who rules without consulting the opinion of others
a. Democrat b. Autocrat
c. Bureaucrat d. Fanatic
45. Which of the following words is misspelt?
a. Performance b. Synthasis c. Impairment d. Simplified
46. Choose the correctly spelt word
a. Misschievous b. Mischievous
c. Mischivious d. Misschivtous
47. What does the phrase ‘To beat about the bush’ mean
a. Not to come to the point
b. Vigorously search for the culprit
c. Easily achieve success without effort
d. Work hard to achieve
48. Choose the correct sentence.
a. She is more intelligent than her brother
b. She is intelligent than her brother
c. She are more intelligent than her brother
d. She is the best intelligent than her borther
Directions (Q.Nos. 49-50) In the following sentences improve the part printed in bold, if needed.
49. If I were you, I would report the matter at once.
a. be b. am
c. was d. No improvement
50. He could not be able to think logically because of his illness,
a. can not be b. was not
c. had not d. No improvement
Direction (Q.Nos.51) Choose I the correct word to fill in the blank.
51. Those athletes who did not adhere to the rules of athletics … deprived of taking part in the championship,
a. was b. is c. has d. were
Directions (Q.Nos. 52-54) Find j out which part of a sentence has an ‘ error. If a sentence is error free, mark l (d) as your answer.
52. She is the best (a)/ and beautiful girl. (b) of our village (c) No error (d)
53. Some people get (a)i use to changes very easily (b)/ than others do. (c) No error (d)
54. This is the most (a)/ unique opportunity (b)l for him. (c) No error (d)
55. Fill in the blank with suitable word. He claims to have read all great tragedies of Shakespeare………..is the greatest play wright of english.
a. which b. whom
c. such d. who
56. What is the passive form of ‘We hope that we shall win the match’?
a. The match is hoped to be won
b. Match winning is our hope
c. It is hoped that the match will be won by us
d. Winning the match is hoped by us
57. The indirect speech of …………… He said, ‘I clean my teeth twice a day’ is
a. He said that he cleaned his teeth twice a day
b. He said that he cleans his teeth twice a day
c. He said that he used to clean his teeth twice a day
d. He said that he is used to cleaning his teeth twice a day
58. Fill in the blank with suitable preposition. She was fined ……..coming late.
a. to b. for c. in d. at
59. Identify the synonym of the given word. Massacre
a. Stab b. Slaughter
c. Murder d. Assassinate
Directions (Q.Nos. 60) Choose the correct one word substitute.
60. A decision taken by the votes of all
a. Cliche b. Democracy
c. Posthumous d. Turn coat
Answer of Indian Postman Mail Guard Recruitment Exam Question Paper
Our team is desired to present all new updates through our post, so keep following us, as it will be beneficial in providing the essential and key information in concise format. Although, all necessary updates are available here, but if you insist to get any other news of government exam, comment below, or write to us, we will get back to you soon with updated information.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.