Delhi Government Approved Victim Compensation Schemes
- The Delhi government approved the long-pending ‘Victim Compensation Scheme’. The government enhanced the upper limit of compensation to rape victims to Rs 5 lakh from existing Rs 3 lakh and to the victims of acid attack to Rs 7 lakh from Rs 3 lakh.
- The decision was taken in a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on September 15, 2015. The scheme also proposes same amount of compensation for those with loss of any limb resulting in 80% permanent disability.
- The scheme also includes victims of gang-rape, unnatural sexual offences and burns. Earlier, as per the scheme, victim’s kin get Rs 3-5 lakh for loss of life, but the new scheme has proposed Rs 5-10 lakh.
Rajasthan Assembly Passed New Bills
- The Rajasthan Assembly passed separate Bills providing 5% reservation to Gujjars and other communities under Special Backward Classes (SBC) and 14% to Economically Backward Classes (EBC) of unreserved categories on September 22, 2015.
- Five communities, i.e., Banjara, Baldiya, Labana Gadiya Lohar, Gadoliya, Gujar, Gurjar, Raika, Rebari, Debasi and Gadariya, Gadri, Gayari have been included in the Bill for 5% quota under SBC. Presently, Rajasthan has reservation quotas amounting to 49.5% including 15% for SCs, 7.5% for STs and 27% OBCs.
- The Rajasthan Assembly passed three Bills named The Prisons (Rajasthan Amendment) Bill, Rajasthan Police (Amendment) Bill and Rajasthan Vexatious Litigation (Prevention) Bill by voice vote amid pandemonium on September 21, 2015.
- Prisons (Amendment) Bill, 2015 aims at improving the efficiency of prisons in.the state and also watch check on violence and gang wars in the prisons. Rajasthan Police (Amendment) Bill, 2015 adds provision for imposing monetary fine of ? 500 on anyone who creates a nuisance on the road and obstructions or causes injures to a person or damages property.
Read Also – State Current Affairs October 2015.
Godavari and Krishna Rivers Formally Linked in Andhra Pradesh
- The Godavari was formally connected with the Krishna in Andhra Pradesh at Ibrahimpatnam near Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh on September 16, 2015. The previous NDA government, headed by former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, had initiated the scheme for inter-linking rivers.
- It will be a boon for the farmers in the Krishna delta (mainly those in the Krishna and Guntur districts), who have been facing acute shortage of water after neighbouring Karnataka allegedly raises the height of the Almatti project.
- The project is designed to draw 120 tmc ft (thousand million cubic feet) from Godavari going water into the sea and release them into the Krishna.
- The interlinking irrigation project located at Pattisam village in West Godavari district will pump Godavari River’s water into a canal 4 km under the Pattiseema Lift Irrigation Scheme.
- The pumped water will meet Krishna River at Ibrahimpatnam in Vijaywada district through 174 km long link canal.
Gujarat Ranked First in Ease of Doing Business World Bank Report
- Gujarat emerged as number 1 State in ease of doing business in India with 71.14% as on September 14, 2015. It is found according to a World Bank report prepared at the behest of the government. It is basically an assessment of business reforms sponsored by the Department of Industry Policy and Promotion (D1PP).
- Andhra Pradesh followed Gujarat with 70.12%, then Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh. Arunachal Pradesh is ranked the last with 1.23%. All States were assessed over a six-month period from January to June, 2015 on the basis of percentage scores in a 98-point reforms agenda.
- The ranking of the states was based on eight specified parameters which include setting up of business, allotment of land, labour reforms and procedure for environmental clearance. The parameters also include infrastructure, procedure for registration for tax purposes and inspections for compliance of various norms.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.