- Meghalaya Governor, Shanmuganathan, has been given an additional charge of Manipur after the demise of incumbent Syed Ahmed Khan on September 28, 2015.
- Kesarinath Tripathi also given the additional charge of Tripura after absence of Tathagat Rai for some time.
- Article-153 of Constitution of India states that there shall be Governor for each state. But the 7th Constitutional Amed. Act, 1956 has facilitated the appointment of the same person as a governor for two or more States.
- Porsche Chief Matthias Mueller, has been appointed as new Chief • Executive Officer (CEO) of Volkswagen on September 25, 2015.
- He replaced Martin Winterkorn, who was resigned over the stunning revelations by US environmental authorities.
- Mueller, born in Chemnitz in the former Communist East Germany, has been dubbed ‘the imperturbable’ by newspaper Die Welt.
Read Also – State Current Affairs August 2015 Part 1.
- PV Chandran was elected as the President of the Indian Newspapers Society (INS) for 2015-16 on September 18, 2015. He succeeded Kiran B.Vadodaria.
- Chandran represents Grihalakshmi, a Malayalam magazine published by the Mathrubhumi group of publications, of which he is a whole-time Director.
- Somesh Sharma (Rashtradoot Saptahik) is the new Deputy President, Akila Urankar (Business Standard) Vice-President and Mohit Jain (The Economic Times) honorary treasurer.
Hormusji N. Cama/ Riyad Mathew
- Hormusji N. Cama, Managing Director of Bombay Samachar and Riyad Mathew, Director of Malayala Manorama, were unanimously elected Chairman and Vice-Chairman respectively of the Press Trust of India (PTI) on September 14, 2015.
- Hormusji’N. Cama succeeded Mahendra Mohan Gupta, Chairman and Managing Director of the Jagran Prakashan.
- Mathew succeeds Cama as the Vice-Chairman. The election took place at a meeting of the Board of Directors following the Company’s 67th Annual General Meeting.
- Keith Rowley was sworn-in to office as Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago on September 9, 2015 following his party’s victory in general elections.
- Faris al-Rawi also took the oath of office as the country’s Attorney General and retired army major-general Edmund Dillon as Minister of National Security.
- Rowley, led the People’s National Movement (PNM) to victory when it won 23 of the 41 Parliamentary seats in the oil-rich twin-island Caribbean nation.
John T. Chambers
- Executive Chairman of Cisco, John T. Chambers, has been elected as the next Chairman of US- India Business Council’s Board of Directors.
- He replaced Ajay Banga, President and CEO of MasterCard who has been the Council’s longest-serving Chairman.
- The announcement of Chambers appointment was made on September 21, 2015 by the largest bilateral US trade association made up of 300 top US and Indian companies, at its annual leadership summit that kicked off the US-India Strategic and Commercial Dialogue.
- Zayn Khan was unanimously elected as the new President of the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) at the council’s meeting in Bangaluru on September 22,2015.
- He replaced Bharath Raj, who died on August 15, 2015.
- Khan is a resident of Hyderabad and represent the Western India Automobile Association.
- He has years of hands-on experience in the sport and has contributed a lot for technical side of the sport in India. He was heading the stewards development training and deployment.
- He has extensive knowledge about rallying and that will certainly give a fillip to the sport in India.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.