State Current Affairs May 2016
Andhra Pradesh Government Launched ‘Chandranna Bima Yojana’
- Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu launched Chandranna Bima Yojana, an insurance scheme for the working class people, in Vijayawada on May 1, 2016.
- Under the.scheme, any insured worker who meets an accidental death and permanent disability will be paid Rs 5 lakh. That worker who suffers partial disability will be paid a sum of Rs 3 lakh. Under it, about 1.5 crore workers of the state will be covered.
Madhya Pradesh High Court Declared Reservation in Promotions in the State as Unconstitutional
- The Madhya Pradesh High Court struck down reservations for scheduled castes and tribes in government job promotions on May 2, 2016. It observed that giving priority to reserved categories over general classes in promotions is not justice.
- The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Saturday set aside the provision of reservations in promotion in the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Rules, 2002. The court said all the promotions granted according to 2002 rules would be invalid.
Maharashtra Government Launched App for Tribal’s Caste Certificate
- Maharashtra Governor C. Vidyasagar Rao on April 29, 2016 launched ‘Adi Praman’, a web-based application which enables the tribal populace of the State get the caste validity certificates online.
- It made the process of securing caste validity certificate transparent, fast, and easy and would effectively curb the menace of bogus certificates.
- It would help them avail of government services on time. Maharashtra became the first State to provide caste validity certificates online.