State Current Affairs
Lakshadweep Signed 24 x 7 ‘Power for AIT Document
- Lakshadweep became first Union Territory to sign ’24×7 Power for All’ document, on May 27, 2016. The government of India have taken a joint initiative with respective State governments for preparation of State specific documents for providing 24×7 power supply to all households, industrial & commercial consumers and adequate supply of power to Agricultural consumers as per State policy.
- It aims to increase solar capacity of the region from 2.15 MW to 8.45 MW. At present, 10 inhabited islands of Lakshadweep are being fed by diesel mostly, reduction of AT & C losses from current level of 21% to 6.7% till 2019 by increasing the collection efficiency up to 99%.
- As a part of energy efficiency measures, 1 lakh LED bulbs will be distributed by UT administration through Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and Incandescent lamps/CFL bulbs will be replaced with LED bulbs under UJALA programme.
- Additionally, replacement of 3000 conventional street lights with LED street lights is also being taken-up.
BHEL Commissioned 800 MW Supercritical Thermal Unit in Karnataka
- Public sector company Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on May 25, 2016 successfully commissioned the first 800 MW supercritical thermal unit in Karnataka, which is also the highest rating unit in the State.
- The unit commissioned at the 2×800 MW Yeramarus Thermal Power Station (TPS) located in Raichur district of the State. Yeramarus is being developed by Raichur Power Corporation Limited (RPCL)—a joint venture between Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL) and BHEL.
- BHEL’s work includes design, engineering,’ manufacture, supply, erection and commissioning of state-of-the-art supercritical boiler and turbine generators along with associated civil works and agreed Balance of Plant (BoP) packages.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.