State Current Affairs February 2017
Gujarat Chief Minister Dedicated India’s First Laser T echnology-based Check-post
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani dedicated India’s first laser technology-based advanced AVMS RTO check-post at Shamlaji of Aravalli district on January 1, 2016.
- The check-post is equipped with advanced ray technology with a cost of Rs 4.72 crore. Along with this programme, Rupani also laid foundation stones of various developmental works worth Rs 30 crore in tribal area of Aravalli district.
- All the 16 check-posts across the state will be made advanced, automatic and transparent with a cost of Rs 35 crore during next year. The State government will use this income for welfare of poor, deprived and last-person of the State.
BoB Launched Agriculture Investment Credit Scheme in Rajasthan
- State-run Bank of Baroda launched an agricultural investment credit for the farmers of Rajasthan on December 31, 2016. The first loan disbursed in Sri Ganganagar.
- Under the scheme, the farmers can avail of loan from the banks branches for construction of farm ponds, installation of solar pumps, installation of micro irrigation, and for any other viable agriculture and allied activities.
- Initially, the scheme will be implemented in the districts of Sri Ganganagar, Hanumangarh and Bikaner and will be gradually-extended to all the districts of Rajasthan.
Arunachal Chief Minister Pema Khandu Suspended from PPA
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu was temporarily suspended ‘from Peoples’ Party of Arunachal (PPA) along with six other lawmakers for alleged anti-party activities on December 30, 2016.
- The five other MLAs are Zingnu Namchom (Namsai), Passang Dotjee Sona (Mechuka), Chow Tewa Mein (Chowkham), Jambey fashi (Lumla) and Kamlung Mossang (Miao). Due to the latest development, Khandu now ceases to be the leader of the PPA Legislature Party.
- He had replaced Nabam Tuki as the Congress Chief Minister, following a dissident campaign in July. Later in October, 43 Congress MLAs, including the Chief Minister has defected to join PPA, a regional political player in Arunachal.
Bihar Government Approved of 50% Quota in Judicial Services
- The Bihar government gave its nod for implementation of 50% reservation in both subordinate and superior judicial services in the State on December 29, 2016.
- This means that 50% quota would be implemented in appointment of both services conducted by the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) to fill the posts of judicial magistrates.
- Munsif magistrates and appointments conducted by the Patna High Court to fill the posts of additional district and Sessions Judges.
Read Also – Economy and Banking Current Affairs
Haryana Police got First Digital Investigation Centre
- The Haryana police set-up the country’s first centre for digital investigation and .training in Gurgaon to enhance cyber policing and monitor social media content on December 29, 2016.
- The centre, comprising a Cyber Forensic Lab equipped with high-end tools, would provide training in advanced digital investigations to police personnel from Haryana and other State police departments besides facilitating exclusive monitoring of social media content.
- It is billed as the first centre of its kind in the country to be operated by a State police (crime branch of Haryana CID) in collaboration with the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO).
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Laid Foundation Stone for Film Institute
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav laid foundation, stone for Film Television and Liberal Arts Institute on December 28, 2016.
- The State government has allocated a token amount of Rs 10 crore for the institute and 14 acres has been allotted for the institute under Awadh Vihar Yojna near Lucknow.
- He highlighted developmental projects during his rule, including Lucknow metro and Lucknow-Agra Expressway and claimed his government has set the tone for development of the State.