Complete Sports Current Affairs April 2017
Rotterdam Open 2017
- Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga claimed his first title since 2015 as he recovered to beat David Goffin 4-6 6-4 6-1 in the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament final in Rotterdam on February 19, 2017.
- Tsonga received a wild card entry into the 2007 Australian Open, where in only his second senior Grand Slam tournament match, he met sixth seed Andy Roddick for the second time in his career.
- Tsonga won a singles match at the 2008 Next Generation Adelaide International.
FOOTBALL EFL Cup 2016-17
- Manchester United at Wembley, who managed to beat Southampton 3-2 to win the 5th league cup in their history on February 27, 2017.
- The win not only saw Manchester United overtake Liverpool as the country’s most successful domestic club with 42, trophies, but also placed Jose Mourinho in the company of Sir Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough as the only manager to have won four league cup trophies.
- The 2016-17 EFL Cup was the 57th season of the EFL Cup, formerly known as the Football League Cup, featuring all 92 clubs from the Premier League and the English Football League (EFL).
Uganda International Series 2017
- The men’s doubles pair of Tarun Kona and Alwin Francis emerged victorious at the 2017 Uganda International Series in Kampala on February 27,2017.
- Kona and Francis tasted success soon after teaming-up at the end of the 2015 season. Last year, they triumphed at three International Series events (in Guatemala, Peru and Botswana) with the latter coming in December.
- The Uganda International is an international badminton tournament held in Uganda organised by Uganda Badminton Association.
- In 2008, this tournament have been sanctioned by Badminton World Federation aslntemational Series rated event with total prize money $ 5000.
- For the badminton players, this tournament became a landmark for Uganda, because they can improved their point in world ranking and also in certain years, the points will be the Olympic Games qualification.
Read Also – International Current Affairs
81st Senior National Championship 2017
- Sourabh Verma has won the men’s singles title in the 81st Senior National Badminton Championships tournament on February 7, 2017. In the final match, held at Patna (Bihar), he defeated Lakshya Sen.