SRMJEE 2017 Syllabus, Exam Pattern
The Syllabus of SRMJEEE 2017 has been released by SRM University for candidates appearing for the engineering entrance exam. SRMJEEE 2017 syllabus consists of topics on which the questions in the exam paper of SRMJEEE 2017 will be based. SRMJEEE syllabus 2017 contains topics and chapters from subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Aspiring students must thoroughly go through all the topics that reflect in the syllabus of SRMJEEE 2017 in order to have complete clarity over what to study and what not to. Candidates, who wish to appear in SRMJEEE 2017 must check the syllabus of SRMJEEE 2017 from this article below.All the detailks regarding the examination and the syllabus has been explained in details below :
Eligibility Criteria: for SRMJEEE Nationality:
- The applicant for admission should be a resident Indian national.
- Applicant should have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years for admission to Undergraduate program.
- Applicant should have studied in educational institutions in India and completed their qualifying examination.
Eligibility Criteria in Qualifying Examination:
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent and For all disciplines: Minimum 70% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry For biotechnology, biomedical engineering and genetic engineering: Minimum 70% aggregate in Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates who have attempted Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the SRMJEEE-2017 are eligible for all the B. Tech. degree programs.
- Candidates who have attempted Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the SRMJEEE-2015 are eligible for B. Tech. Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering and Genetic engineering programs and also for various programs in Health Sciences.
SRMJEEE Exam Syllabus:
Physics (35 Questions)
- Units and Measurement
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Electronics and Communication
Chemistry (35 Questions)
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- The States of Matter
- Chemical Families–Periodic Properties
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Energetic
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Mathematics (35 Questions)
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Matrices and Determinants
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Binomial theorem and its Applications
- Sequences and Series
- Differential Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
Exam Pattern For SRMJEE :
- Paper pattern: Part-1: Physics 35 questions with a total weight age of 105 marks
- Part-2: Chemistry 35 questions with a total weight age of 105 marks.
- Part-3: Mathematics 35 questions with a total weight age of 105 marks.
- Part-4: Biology 50 questions with a total weight age of 105 marks (Optional for engineering aspirants).
- General: 1. Total marks: 315 2.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer given Part-1, 2 & 3 and 0.7 marks will be reduced for every wrong answer in Biology. 3. Medium of question paper will be English. 4. Questions will be of objective type with single choice correct.
SRMJEEE 2017 Exam Pattern
|Language of test||English|
|Mode of test||online|
|Type of questions||Objective|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Subjects in SRMJEEE||Total Questions||Marks for each correct answer||Total marks|
|Part 1: Physics||35||3||105|
|Part 2: Chemistry||35||3||105|
|Part 3: Mathematics||35||3||105|
|Part 4: Biology||50||2.1||105|
|Total Marks (for either PCB or PCM)|