SSC Previous Year Question Papers:
No matter how much youth talk negative about government jobs, yet because of their benefits and security, most of the students and turning towards government jobs. With this ever changing world, and recession of 2008, no jobs in private sector are promised. The most attractive part is the pension after retirement which is not provided in private sector jobs. The Indian Railway is the 8th largest employer in the world where as Indian armed forces is the 9th largest employer in the world.
Staff Selection Commission is an organization under government of India to recruits various posts in various ministry and departments. SSC conducts examination like Combined Graduate Level (CGL), Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL), Multi Tasking Staff (MTS), Junior Engineering Examination, Stenographer, SI in Delhi Police, Constable, Junior Hindi Translator and many more.
SSC carries out the largest recruitment drive all over India. The recruitment is for Group B and Group C non-gazette posts for central government and various autonomous organizations.
Each year SSC publishes notification or advertisement for recruitment of various posts with the total number of vacancies and tentative dates. Each year lakhs of candidates apply for these jobs.
Jobs offered by SSC are the most coveted jobs in government sector. Though by each year the competition level rises with increase in number of applications received by SSC.
PREPARING FOR SSC 2017
As SSC has already published recruitment notification for various exams in year 2017, this is the time candidates start preparing for the papers.
We are here to provide you the best studying tactics and methods. On this platform you can get complete information about the syllabus and dates of exams.
On general basis a SSC 2017 written test will include the following sections:
- General Knowledge,
- General Intelligence
- Quantative Aptitude
- Basic English
General Intelligence: The questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and decoding, Trends, Number Series, Space Orientation, Critical Thinking, Figural Analogy, Venn Diagrams, Emotional Intelligence Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences ,Figural Classification ,Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding , Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Problem Solving.
English: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Misspell words, Idioms & Phrases, Active/Passive, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage.
For Quantitative Aptitude: From the quantitative aptitude, the question will be following topics.
- Number Systems:Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership, Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base Trigonometric: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc., Statistical Charts : Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart.
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are specifically designed to test knowledge of current events and understanding of everyday science with its application to solve basic everyday problems. The test may include questions relating to India and recent world especially 10 pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Though few subjects may differ according to various posts and designations, but all written tests will include these general sections.
The ultimate method to prepare for SSC 2017 exams is to start working with SSC previous year question papers. At the end of this section you will find links for various previous years’ papers. Click on these links and download these files for further use. All files are available in pdf format which is easy to download and use.
Get: UPSC Question Papers
On searching on this website you can also find previous years question papers set for all sort of examinations to be held by SSC in next year. These papers will help you to get a gist of variety of questions asked in paper. The main benefit is, you will not be surprised while a candidate appears. As you will be already understand the pattern and marks. It does also help a candidate to prepare for exam according to the level of difficulty of paper.
We update the monthly current affairs on this website. If you are not left with enough time to read newspaper on a daily basis, revert on this web site and stay updated with all news in a single page. The news is short and informative, so a candidate can get most of it. And then we anyways have Google if you need to find out more about particular news.
- Written Exams will be objective type only (expect in Translator Jobs)
- The duration of all papers will be 90 minutes only.
- Each question will contain only one mark where as 0.50 or 0.25 marks are deducted for wrong answers.
- You can select the language of paper, as paper is available in both English and Hindi format.
You have any suggestion for the content; leave a message in comment section.
In this section, you will find the SSC Previous year Question papers. Many people are preparing for Railway and SSC jobs because these jobs are secure and it offers various facility to the employee. Everyone want to get success in the competitive exams, but many aspirants do not have all stuffs to crack the examination. But it is not so easy to get the success in these examinations. Many aspirants work hard but due to some lack of question papers of previous exams they do not get the exact idea of the exam pattern and syllabus. These papers are very helpful in the preparation of any competitive exams such as SSC or any state government exams. Every candidate should manage their time and try to solve question papers. So, we are providing these Previous Year Exam Question Paper for SSC job aspirants. You can download these papers according to your requirement. If you need some more papers then kindly mention in comment with exam name and year, our team will upload that paper as soon as possible. If you have any suggestion for the improvement then feel free to tell us.
Download SSC Previous Question Papers
Visit Current-affairs.org for Latest Private Jobs, Current Affair Updates and Question Papers.
Click Here to Register For Current Affairs Alert directly in Your Inbox.