Appointments Current Affairs
- Swati Maliwal has been appointed as the Chief of Delhi Commission for Women (DCW). Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung approved this appointment.
- She took charge along with Farheen Malik, Promila Gupta and Sarika Chaudhary on July 28, 2015.
- She was appointed to this post by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal after constituting new DCW under Section-4 of the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) Act, 1994.
- RS Sharma, an IT Secretary, has been appointed as Chairman of the Telecom Regulatory . Authority of India (TRAI) by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on July 27, 2015.
- His appointment is for a period of three years or until further orders, whichever is the earliest.
- He is an IAS officer of 1978-batch Jharkhand cadre. He replaced Rahul Khullar, who had retired in May, 2015.
Read Also – State Current Affairs October 2015 (Part 3).
- Debjani Ghosh has been appointed as the new President of Manufacturers’ Association for Information Technology as on July 21,2015.
- She is the first woman President of MAIT in its 32 years of history.
- Before this appointment She was the Vice- President sales and marketing group, and Managing Director of Intel Corporation, South Asia.
- Anand Krishnamurthy has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Catholic Syrian Bank Limited on July 23, 2015.
- He has been associated with the Catholic Syrian Bank since April 7, 2014.
- He has been responsible for corporate banking, SME business and the integrated treasury operations.
- Suresh Narayanan, Nestle Philippines Chairman and CEO has been appointed as MD of Nestle India on July 25, 2015.
- He replaced Nestle India’s MD Etienne Benet, who will be relotated to Nestle’s head office in Switzerland.
- Narayanan is a graduate of the Delhi School of Economics and has been associated with Nestle since 1999.
- Former Agriculture Secretary Ashish Bahuguna, has been appointed as the Chairman of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India as on July 28, 2015. The tenure of the chairman is for three years.
- He replaced Bhanu Pratap Sharma, secretary health and family welfare, who was temporarily in charge of the position as the position of the Chairman of FSSAI.
- FSSAI is a nodal statutory agency responsible for protecting and promoting public health in India through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
- Myntra, Flipkart-owned mobile fashion store has appointed Ananth Narayanan as its next Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on July 21, 2015.
- He is going to replace the Flipkart’s co-founder Mukesh Bansal who is currently serving as the head of Flipkart’s commerce platform.
- He will start working from October 1, 2015 from Myntra’s Bengaluru headquarters and will report to the Myntra board.
- Ajay Mathur who is currently Director General of the Bureau of Energy and Efficiency (BEE) has been appointed as Director General of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) on July 23, 2015.
- He succeeded eminent scientist Rajendra Pachauri, who responsible for leading and building TERI over the last 34 years from concept to a major, financially autonomous, professionally dynamic organisation on the global stage.
- TERI, a non-profit research institution was established in 1974 as Tata Energy- Research Institute.
We hope you like Current Affairs August 2015 Smart Practice Part 1, give your feedback in comments and keep visiting current affairs.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.