- Prashant Pathrabe, a Maharashtra-based senior IIS officer has been given additional charge as Director of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry as the term of the incumbent, DJ Narain, is ending.
- In this regard Pathrabe received the Ministry’s order on July 17, 2015. He is officer of 1992-batch who is currently the Director of Press Information Bureau (PIB) unit in Pune and he will continue to work there.
Ajay Kumar Pandey
- Ajay Kumar Pandey has been appointed as the new Managing Director and Group CEO of Global financial services hub Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) on August 1, 2015.
- Pandey replaced the current head of GIFT, Ramakant Jha, who has been associated with the project since November, 2009. Jha will move to Mumbai as CEO of IL&FS’s Smart City initiative.
- India’s first International Financial Services Centre (IFSC), GIFT City in Gujarat became operational in April 2015.
Man Mohan Singh Rai
- Lieutenant General Man Mohan Singh Rai at present the Eastern Army Commander, has been appointed as the next Vice-Chief of the Indian Army.
- He will replace Lieutenant General Philip Campose, who superannuates on July 31, 2015. Rai is from the Corps of Engineers and is an alumnus of National Defence Academy(NDA), Khadakwasla.
Read Also – State Current Affairs October 2015 (Part 2).
- Former Chief Secretary to Madhya Pradesh government Rakesh Sahni, has appointed as the Chairman of Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA) on July 13, 2015.
- He is a 1972-batch IAS officer. After his retirement from the post of Chief Secretary in MP, he also served as the Chairman of MP Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Rahul Bhatnagar has been appointed as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Bharti Enterprises on July 8, 2015.
- He is appointed in place of Manoj Kohli, who recently assumed the role of executive chairman, SBG Cleantech, a three-way JV between Bharti Enterprises, Japan’s telecom and Internet major SoftBank and Taiwan’s Foxconn Technology Group.
- Sriram Kalyanaraman has been appointed as the Chairperson of National Housing Bank (NHB) on July 8, 2015.
- He is the first person from private sector to be appointed as head of a public sector financial institution for a period of five years.
- The Nationl Housing Bank (NHB) is an apex regulator for housing finance sector and a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India.
- NHB is established in 1988 under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987.
- Jin Liqun, former Finance Minister of China, appointed President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). China will initially have a 26.06% share of the votes at the bank, giving it veto power over the choice of the president, which requires a 75% majority.
- Jin is currently the Secretary-General of the interim multilateral secretariat for establishing AIIB.
- C. Ramakrishnan has been appointed as Tata Motors’ Group Chief Financial Officer on July 1, 2015 with immediate effect.
- He will continue as Chief Financial Officer and Key Managerial Personnel for Tata Motors Limited.
- He replaced Praveen Kadle, Executive Director (Finance and Corporate Affairs) who moved to Tata Capital.
We hope you like Current Affairs August 2015 Smart Practice Part 2, give your feedback in comments and keep visiting current affairs.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.