Elli Johnston, the former wife of Australian rugby league footballer Brett Finch, has been making headlines lately. Here’s what you need to know about her and her relationship with Brett
While there isn’t much information available about Elli Johnston and her relationship with Brett Finch, it’s clear that they had a strong bond and were together for a significant amount of time.
We wish them both the best as they move forward separately.
Despite the unfortunate end to Brett Finch and Elli Johnston’s marriage, their daughter Mackenzie Grace remains the light of their lives. As for Elli’s rumored relationship with Dustin Martin, only time will tell if there is any truth to the speculation.
Table of Contents
Brett Finch: Wife Elli Johnston
Who is Elli Johnston?
Elli Johnston is the daughter of Wayne Johnston, an Australian Football Hall of Famer and Carlton AFL great.1
She rose to fame as the wife of Brett Finch, a famous rugby league footballer.
Are Brett Finch and Elli Johnston still together?
No, they are not. Brett Finch and Elli Johnston recently announced that they have separated. In a statement, Elli said that they need time to heal individually and as a family after the worst 12 months of their lives.
How did Brett Finch and Elli Johnston meet?
Brett Finch and Elli Johnston have been discreet about their love life, but it is known that they met in 2013. They had known each other for a while, but it’s unclear when they started dating. They were together for five years before getting married.
When did Brett Finch and Elli Johnston get married?
Brett Finch and Elli Johnston got married in January 2018, after being together for a couple of years. They had a small wedding ceremony and were happily married for five years before their recent separation.
Elli Johnston and Brett Finch’s Daughter: Mackenzie Grace
Elli Johnston and Brett Finch, a former rugby player, welcomed their beautiful daughter, Mackenzie Grace, into the world in 2019.
Mackenzie is currently four years old and has brought immense joy to her parents’ lives.
Unfortunately, Brett Finch and Elli Johnston are no longer together. They ended their relationship in May of 2023. Despite having a seemingly happy marriage, the couple legally divorced after being wed for five years.
The reason behind the split is Brett Finch’s involvement in a child abuse material scandal. The couple’s separation was a result of the scandal, which caused a significant strain on their relationship.
The news of the scandal has spread all over the internet and has had a negative impact on their marriage.
Rumors have been circulating online that Elli Johnston, Brett Finch’s ex-wife, is currently dating Dustin Martin. Dustin is a professional Australian rules footballer who plays for the Richmond Football Club in the AFL. While there has been no confirmation from either party, the rumor has been generating buzz online.
Brett Finch’s Daughter Mackenzie Grace: Bio
Brett Finch, the notable former rugby player, and Elli Johnston welcomed their first child, Mackenzie Grace, on May 27, 2019.2
Mackenzie, who is now three years old, has become the center of her parents’ world since her arrival.
As soon as Mackenzie was born, her parents were thrilled to embark on their new journey as parents. Brett was 37 years old, and Elli was 32 at the time.
As Mackenzie wrapped her little fingers around her dad’s, he instantly melted and gave his unconditional love to his daughter.
Brett’s Thoughts on Fatherhood
Brett expressed his thoughts on fatherhood, stating, “It’s just so hard to describe, but it’s an amazing feeling.
I spent my whole life around men in sporting teams, and now I’m surrounded by two beautiful girls and couldn’t be happier.”
Elli’s Experience as a Mother
Elli also shared her experience as a mother, saying, “It has been a bit of a dream so far. Mackenzie is absolutely wonderful. For me, one of the most beautiful things has been watching Brett become a parent.
I always knew he had it in him to nurture, but to see him with his own daughter is quite amazing. He’s a big softie.”
The Role of Support
Finch credits his wife for being a significant source of support during his transition from professional rugby to family life. He explains, “I struggled for the first couple of years of retirement with the loss of footy, and Elli had moved interstate and was living away from family and friends.
But she was a huge support to me during that transitional period. I’m very lucky to have Elli. We went on to have a beautiful wedding and now we have our beautiful daughter.”
Mackenzie Grace may only be three years old, but she has already brought immense joy and happiness to her parents’ lives. Brett Finch and Elli Johnston have embraced their roles as parents, and their love for their daughter is evident in everything they do.
Brett Finch: Age
A Look at the Life of the Australian Rugby League Star
Brett Finch is a well-known Australian Rugby League star who has made significant contributions to the sport. He has been a part of several teams and has earned numerous accolades throughout his career.
In this article, we will take a closer look at Brett Finch’s age, his early life, and his achievements in the Rugby League.
Last day of Xmas pyjamas 😟😔
— brett finch (@bigbadredbrett) December 31, 2021
- Brett Finch was born on August 20th, 1981, in Maitland, New South Wales, Australia. He grew up in a supportive family that encouraged his love for Rugby League.
- Finch’s passion for the sport started at a young age, and he began playing for his local club team as a teenager.
- Brett Finch’s career in Rugby League began in 2001 when he signed with the Canberra Raiders. He played for the Raiders for two seasons before moving on to play for the Sydney Roosters.
- It was during his time with the Roosters that Finch’s talent and skills were noticed by many. He quickly became a vital player for the team and played a crucial role in their success.
- In 2006, Brett Finch joined the Melbourne Storm and played an essential role in their Grand Final victory against the Brisbane Broncos.
- He played with the Storm until 2008 before joining the Parramatta Eels. In 2010, Finch signed with the Wigan Warriors in England, where he played for two seasons before returning to Australia.
- Brett Finch’s achievements in the Rugby League are numerous. He has played for several teams and has made significant contributions to each of them.
- He has won two premierships, one with the Roosters in 2002 and the other with the Melbourne Storm in 2007. He has also represented New South Wales in the State of Origin series and played for the Prime Minister’s XIII.
- Brett Finch’s age may be 40, but his love and passion for Rugby League remain strong. He has had an incredible career, and his achievements in the sport are a testament to his dedication and hard work.
- He continues to inspire young players and fans around the world with his talent and skill on the field. We wish Brett Finch all the best in his future endeavors.