The authorities have linked a heinous act of violence to Darius Miles, a junior at a university in Alabama.
According to reports, the murder of Jonae Harris has been connected to the college basketball star.
As per the police statement released recently, it has come to light that Miles was not the sole athlete from Alabama present at the time of the incident.
Shockingly, it has been revealed that he allegedly instructed his teammate, Brandon Miller, to bring the weapon that was ultimately used in the murder.
This tragic event serves as a reminder of the devastating consequences of violent acts. It is imperative that we continue to raise awareness about the importance of respecting human life and finding peaceful solutions to conflicts.
Also Read: Mandana Bolourchi (Patrick Beverley): Bio, Wiki, Age, Career, Net Worth (2023), NBA Career
Darius Miles: Biography
Table of Contents
Darius Miles, a former reserve forward for the University of Alabama’s basketball team, arrived in Tuscaloosa in 2020 as a three-star prospect.1
During the current season, he played in six games for the Crimson Tide, who were ranked fourth, and averaged 1.5 points and 1.5 rebounds.
In his sophomore year, he played in 30 games, starting three times, and averaged 5.8 points per game. It’s important to note that he is not related to the former NBA player Darius Miles.
Following Miles’ arrest, the University of Alabama removed his biography from the team’s website and issued a statement announcing that he had been dismissed from the program.
“The university became aware of the recent charges against student-athlete Darius Miles. As a result, he has been removed from campus and is no longer a member of the Alabama men’s basketball team,” the statement said.
View this post on Instagram
Darius Miles Charged with Murder After Fatal Shooting
Former Alabama men’s basketball forward, Darius Miles, has been arrested and charged with capital murder along with another man in Tuscaloosa.2
The arrest came after an early-morning shooting that resulted in the death of a 23-year-old woman. This news has sent shockwaves throughout the college basketball world and the University of Alabama community.
Following the arrest, Miles’ biography page was removed from the Alabama athletics website, indicating that he is no longer a part of the basketball team.
The University later released a statement saying that Miles had been removed from the campus.
Miles spent two and a half seasons with the Alabama basketball team as a bench player. He made two starts during his sophomore season in 2021-2022, appearing in 53 games throughout his time with the team.
Miles did not play in the next three games against Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Arkansas earlier this month.
He appeared in athletic clothes for Alabama’s pre-game warmups ahead of their game against LSU in Coleman Coliseum but was removed an hour before tip-off, and Alabama issued a statement about his situation.
Darius Miles: Basketball Career Explored!
- Jaden Miles, the shooting guard for Alabama Crimson Tide, has been with the team for three seasons.3
- However, this season, Miles has only played six games out of the total 53 games played so far. Let’s take a closer look at Miles’ performance and why he has seen limited playing time this season.
- Throughout the 53 games that Miles has played for Alabama Crimson Tide, he has averaged 4.2 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 0.6 assists.
- While Miles played primarily off the bench during his first two and a half seasons, he made two starts during his sophomore campaign in 2021-2022.
- Miles’ importance to the team has decreased this season, and he has been primarily coming off the bench.
- On November 7, 2022, against Longwood, he played seven minutes for the Tide. However, an ankle injury forced him to miss the following four games.
- After his comeback, which came when he played four minutes of a loss to UConn on November 25, Miles’ playing time was limited.
- In December, Miles got little participation in four other games, and he was absent from Alabama’s victories over North Carolina (November 27) and Houston (December 10), two No. 1 rated teams.
- There could be several reasons for Miles’ limited playing time this season. It could be due to his injury, decreased importance to the team, or other factors such as the coach’s strategy and tactics.
- Jaden Miles is a talented player with the potential to make significant contributions to the Alabama Crimson Tide.
Also Read: Stephen Curry: Would He Participate in The 2023 NBA All-Star Game? Bio, Wiki, Career, Family
Darius Miles: Education
Miles, a 21-year-old from the Washington, DC area, has spent three seasons as a member of the Alabama basketball team while also pursuing his degree at UA.4
Prior to enrolling at UA, he attended IMG Academy, where he honed his skills on the court.
Despite being rated as a three-star prospect by the 247Sports Composite out of high school, Miles chose to play for Alabama over offers from several other universities, including Georgetown, Seton Hall, Rhode Island, and Rutgers.