In India, a driving licence is required for all drivers who operate motor vehicles on Indian roads, as specified in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. No person may drive a vehicle without a valid Driving licence, which must be produced by an RTO (regional transport office). If you are looking for how to apply for duplicate driving licence, remember that you can apply for a duplicate DL online or at the RTO (regional transportation office) without difficulty if you’ve lost your original one. According to the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, you can apply for a duplicate driving licence in case, it’s destroyed, defaced, or your photograph needs to be changed.
A driver’s licence is a legal document that proves you can drive your car on the road. It also serves as an important identification document. If your driving licence is stolen, lost, or destroyed, you may visit the RTO that issued it and get a duplicate. Some RTOs also provide online services for requesting a duplicate driving licence.
- 0.1 About Duplicate Driving Licence
- 0.2 Documents Required for Duplicate Driving Licence
- 0.3 Who Can Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence?
- 0.4 How to Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence?
- 1 How to get Duplicate Driving Licence Offline?
- 1.1 Documents Required to Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence
- 1.2 Application Form for Duplicate Driving Licence
- 1.3 How Much Is the Cost for a Duplicate Driving Licence?
- 1.4 How long does it take to get a duplicate driving licence in India?
- 1.5 Conclusion on How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in India
About Duplicate Driving Licence
If you lose your original or your genuine driving licence has been stolen, transport offices throughout India will issue a duplicate driving licence. You can obtain a duplicate driving licence from the same RTO that issued your original driver’s permit if you have lost your original driving licence or it has been stolen or mutilated. Duplicate driver’s licences may be obtained online or at an RTO without difficulties. Continue reading to learn more about applying for a duplicate Indian driver’s licence.
Documents Required for Duplicate Driving Licence
If you wish to apply for a Duplicate Driver’s Licence after your original driver’s licence is lost, you must submit the following documentation. To obtain a duplicate driving licence, you must provide the following items. This list of documents will differ depending on whether or not it is legal in your state.
- Fill in an online application form (for notifying the loss or destruction of a driving licence and applying for a duplicate)
- If you lose a licence or it is stolen, you will be required to submit a First Instance Report (FIR) or NCR of the Licence.
- The original licence (if the same is in a torn, mutilated, or filthy condition).
- If your driver’s licence has been lost or destroyed, please include Photocopies of your current driver’s Licence (if available).
- The information on your driving licence
- Passport-sized photographs
- Address Proof documents for reference
- Age proof documents for reference
Who Can Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence?
A duplicate driving licence may be obtained only if your original one is lost or destroyed, damaged or completely written up, and the photograph needs to be replaced. Those who did not previously possess a licence must apply via an RTO or Regional Transport Authority (RTA). After applying for a lost driver’s licence, it generally takes three weeks to issue one, especially if all required documents are submitted. You can commute using your payment receipt while you wait.
How to Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence?
- Step 1: To acquire a duplicate driver’s licence online, go to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’ online portal and choose “Apply Online.”
- Step 2: Select “Services on your driving licence” from the drop-down menu under that, and a list of driving licence services will appear on the screen.
- Step 3: You must supply your driver’s licence number, including your birthday, to get complete information.
- Step 4: After that, choose the application state, RTO, and other settings. Verify your driving licence information and click “Confirm” to continue.
- Step 5: Choose your preferred DL service from the options provided. After that, you’ll see a message on the NOC page, a declaration box, etc. Check the box next to it and submit the captcha to continue.
- Step 6: You’ll find the acknowledgment, go through it, and upload any paperwork mentioned on the website.
- Step 7: Upload the photograph and signature you want to use. Then, choose “Click here to continue e-Payment” to complete the process. Take the payment receipt generated after completing it.
You can have a duplicate of your previous driving licence validated through the verification procedure. You may also print it from the Parivahan official website. You may also use the online portal to monitor the status of your duplicate driver’s licence. The verification process may take several days, so you can use the offline mode if you’re having trouble with this method.
How to get Duplicate Driving Licence Offline?
Follow these easy procedures to receive your duplicate DL from the RTO.
- Step 1: After that, visit the Regional Transport Office and submit the LLD form, which must be completed.
- Step 2: Send all of the paperwork and the requested form to ensure that everything is in order.
- Step 3: Pay the duplicate driving licence fees and keep the payment receipt. You may use it until you receive your licence at your registered address.
The offline procedure for getting a duplicate driving licence is simple and quick, even if you have access to internet facilities. On the other hand, the internet application process can be time-consuming and difficult. Before going to the RTO, know what information they want and how much it’ll cost to get a duplicate licence.
Documents Required to Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence
Before you attempt to figure out how to apply for a duplicate driver’s licence, you should know that the criteria might differ by state, so keep the following information on hand to obtain your duplicate DL.
- If your licence is stolen or lost, a first instance report (FIR) or NCR is required.
- Attested photocopies of your original DL
- The application form for an extension of driving licence LLD (for notification of loss of driving licence and duplicate licence application)
- You must have valid identification and proof of residence, including passport-sized photographs, for reference.
- All information regarding your driving licence.
Application Form for Duplicate Driving Licence
If you are unsure what information you need to provide on the application form, obtaining a copy of your current driving licence will assist you. To acquire a duplicate licence, you must complete the LLD form. The following are some of the questions that will appear on Form LLD.
- You must include your complete name and address as stated on your driver’s licence.
- In the Form LLD, you must specify the reason for requesting a duplicate driver’s licence. If your licence was destroyed, ripped, lost, defaced, or damaged in any other way, please describe what occurred.
- If applicable, you’ll need to provide us with your driving licence number, the class of motor vehicle for which your driving licence was issued, the name of the driver who holds the licence, and the relevant licensing authority.
- You must also disclose whether or not any authority impounded your Driving Licence.
- After completing the form, click the “SIGN AND DATE” button and sign it. You must also sign in at where your sample signature will be captured.
- If you fill out the form online, you can reset or save it, which is a major convenience. You’ll also receive a copy of the form in PDF format, which you may print and deliver to the RTO after signing. You can also check the driving licence online apply procedure in case you can’t apply through the LLD form.
How Much Is the Cost for a Duplicate Driving Licence?
You must pay a fee of Rs 200 to receive a duplicate driving licence if it is lost. Those seeking a smart card, on the other hand, have to spend Rs 400. A driver’s licence is a document that can be used to identify you and your vehicle. You should already know that a driver’s licence serves several purposes, such as identity verification. As a result, immediately applying for a duplicate should be your first step to meet such criteria and avoid legal issues.
How long does it take to get a duplicate driving licence in India?
Getting a duplicate driving licence in India can take from 1 to 10 days, depending on the location and other factors. To obtain a duplicate licence, the applicant must first file a police report in case of loss or theft and then submit the required documents to the regional transport office. The applicant will also be required to take a driving test and pay the licence fee. After the documents are processed, the duplicate licence will be issued. In some cases, the applicant may be required to submit additional documents, such as a medical certificate. The time frame for getting a duplicate licence can vary from one state to another.
- Barc Previous Year Question Papers
- Calcutta University Question Papers Last 10 years pdf
- Pratiyogita Darpan Free pdf
- DRDO previous year question papers
- TS Grewal Class 11 book pdf
Conclusion on How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in India
So, if you are looking for a duplicate driving licence in India, be sure to follow the steps we’ve outlined. It’s important to have all of your documentation in order and make sure that you submit everything correctly so that there is no delay in getting your new driving licence. Applying for a duplicate licence can be time-consuming, but it’s worth it to have the document in hand finally. Have you had any experience applying for a duplicate licence? We would love to hear about it in the comments below.