PAN Card is used for a variety of purposes. It can be used as identification, address, and age proof. It is also useful in filing income tax returns and availing of various government benefits. Additionally, PAN Card can be used for making financial transactions such as opening a bank account, investing in mutual funds, etc. If you have lost it or want your details to be updated, you need to read this guide on how to make changes in PAN card. You can also check this link to know the complete process of how to apply for a PAN card.
The PAN number is issued or updated by the Tax Information Network of Income Tax Department, Government of India. Any Indian national willing to make taxable financial transactions can apply for a PAN card.
The Income Tax Information Network (TIN) is an IT project by the Indian Income Tax Department to modernize the current collection, processing, monitoring, and accounting of direct taxes using IT. Protean eGov Technologies Limited (formerly NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited), on behalf of the Indian Income Tax Department, established TIN as a repository of tax-related data from all over India.
- 1 How to make changes in PAN Card?
- 2 How to make changes in PAN Card Online?
- 3 How to make changes in PAN Card offline?
- 4 How to Check PAN Card Correction Status?
- 5 PAN Card Correction: Name and Other Details
- 6 Essential documents required for name change in PAN card
- 7 PAN Card Correction after Marriage/Change in Surname
- 8 Benefits of Online PAN Card Correction
How to make changes in PAN Card?
Your Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a crucial document. This number isn’t only useful for filing taxes and sending large payments; it’s also used as identification proof. As a result of incorrect details on your PAN card, you may run into difficulties in the future. The best course of action would be to correct any mistakes on your PAN card right now to avoid difficulty later. It is quite simple to update your PAN card online or offline.
How to make changes in PAN Card Online?
You can obtain a correction form for the PAN card online and change your wrong name, address, and other details by paying a modest charge to do so.
Here are the steps to follow for PAN Card correction.
- Go to the Tax Information Network (TIN) page of National Securities Depositories Ltd. (NSDL).
- Tap the “PAN” drop-down menu after selecting the “Services” option from the menu.
- At the top of the new webpage, you’ll see a “Change/Correction in PAN data” message.
- You may find an “Apply” link under the preceding section. After clicking on it, you’ll arrive at the “Online PAN Application” page.
- To cancel or change your existing PAN data, go to “PAN Data Changes or Corrections.” Select the drop-down button named “Changes or Corrections in PAN Data.”
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Category.”
- After gathering all of the necessary details, you should begin filling out the application by following the instructions below:
- Surname or last name
- First name
- Middle name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- 10-digit PAN
- You’ll need to type the “Captcha code” and click “Submit.”
- After completing the application, you’ll be sent a token number via email.
- To access the page where you can fix your PAN, click “Continue with PAN Application Form.”
- Select “Submit through e-sign or e-KYC” when prompted to submit your document.
- You will be required to submit personal information such as your father’s and mother’s phone numbers and your Aadhaar number.
- After clicking the “Next” tab, you will be brought to a page where you must provide your contact information.
- You can modify your PAN’s present address here.
- Then, go to the “Document Details” page.
- As proof, attach all of the necessary paperwork to the relevant slots.
- A self-declaration box will appear on the screen. Click on it, then press the “Submit” button.
- The payment page will appear once you have completed the transaction.
- You may finish the payment procedure by selecting the correct option.
- You will get an acknowledgement letter.
- Finally, to conclude the online PAN correction process, print out the acknowledgement slip and submit it together with other relevant documents to the NSDL e-Gov Income Tax PAN Service Unit.
How to make changes in PAN Card offline?
If you follow the instructions below, correcting your PAN card will be simple and quick:
- You must download the PAN card correction form offline from the official website of NSDL.
- Fill out the entire form correctly, including all required paperwork, and deliver it to any NSDL collection centre.
- You will get an acknowledgement slip after submitting and paying for your application.
- You must send this form to the Income Tax PAN Service Unit of the National Securities Depositories Ltd.
- Send a letter to the assessing officer of the jurisdiction you wish to conduct your activity.
Reminder: The following fees are charged for both offline and online PAN correction procedures:
- Contact address within India Rs.110.
- Contact address outside India Rs.1020.
Furthermore, the acknowledgement slip should be delivered to the NSDL office within 15 days of receiving the receipt after filling out the PAN card Correction form offline.
Note: Keep the acknowledgement number safe to check the PAN card correction status in future.
How to Check PAN Card Correction Status?
PAN Card correction status can be checked by following these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department: www.incometaxindia.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on the ‘Services’ tab and select ‘PAN’ from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, select ‘Check PAN/TAN Correction Status’ from the options given under ‘Track Your PAN/TAN Application Status.
- Enter your 15-digit acknowledgement number and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
PAN Card Correction: Name and Other Details
A PAN card name change may be required on several occasions. Misspellings, incorrect names, and name changes after marriage are examples of situations in which a PAN card name might need to be changed. In such a situation, you can submit an online request for a new name for your PAN card by following the instructions below:
- For PAN card correction online, go to NSDL’s website and download the form for changing the name of your PAN card.
- After completing the form and submitting it with a photograph of the applicant, you may proceed to upload your CV.
- The payment gateway will be the final point where you’ll need to make a payment.
- You may pay via bank transfer or credit or debit card in case of PAN name correction online. However, to make a demand draft and send it to the NSDL office with your application form, you must make an offline payment.
- Finally, you will get your brand-new PAN card within 45 days after we receive payment and submit it.
Note: In case you submit online application forms for an address change and authenticate them with your Aadhaar OTP, you won’t be able to modify your address. The address in your Aadhaar card is used by default, so you’ll need to update it first and then fill out a form for a change of address in the PAN.
Essential documents required for name change in PAN card
- An application in the prescribed format is available on the website of the Income Tax Department.
- Proof of identity – This could be your passport, ration card, driving license, voter’s ID card, or Aadhaar card
- Proof of address – Passport, utility bills like electricity bills, water bills, gas
bills, etc., bank statements or passbooks, credit card statements, rent agreements are some of the documents that can be submitted as proof of address
- Photograph– A recent passport size photograph should be affixed to the form.
- Fee – The fee for processing a name change request is Rs. 107 (including taxes). This has to be paid in the form of a demand draft/cheque drawn in favour of the ‘Income Tax PAN services unit.’
- Supporting documents – If you want to change your name due to a change in your surname after marriage, you will have to submit your marriage certificate as a supporting document. In case of a change in name due to other reasons, you will have to submit an affidavit sworn before a first-class magistrate or notary public supporting the request for a name change, along with newspaper advertisements about the change in name
- PAN card-Self-attested photocopies of the PAN card should also be submitted along with the aforementioned documents. The original PAN card will be returned by post after the name change request has been processed successfully.
PAN Card Correction after Marriage/Change in Surname
In case you want to get your name changed on the PAN card due to a change in surname after marriage, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download the application form for change or correction in particulars registered with the Tax Department from the website of the Income Tax department.
- Fill in all the required details in the form correctly and completely.
- Attach self-attested copies of all the supporting documents like marriage certificate, passport, ration card, utility bills, etc. with the form.
- Affix a recent passport size photograph on the form
- Submit the form and the supporting documents and fee at any nearby TIN-FC (Tax Information Network – Facilitation Centre) or AO (Assessing Officer). You will have to submit the form in person as biometrics are required to be captured at the time of submission
Your PAN card will be dispatched to your registered address within 15 days of submitting the form and documents.
Changing your name on your PAN card is quite simple and can be done by following the steps mentioned above. However, it is important to ensure that all the details filled in the form are correct and complete and that all the required documents are submitted along with the form. Incorrect information or missing documents can delay processing your request or even the rejection of your application.
Benefits of Online PAN Card Correction
There are many advantages of the PAN card Correction online process. It is very simple and easy to do. You can do it from the comfort of your home or office. You will not have to go through any hassle or paperwork. The entire process is completed in a few minutes.
Another advantage of this process is that you can track the progress of your application easily. You will be able to see the status of your application and can take immediate corrective actions if required.
This PAN card correction online system is also very secure. All your information is securely stored with the department and no one else can access it. This ensures that your information is safe and confidential.
The best part about this PAN card correction online process is that you do not need to be a skilled professional to use it. Anyone with basic computer and internet skills can easily complete the process without any difficulty.
- Barc Previous Year Question Papers
- Calcutta University Question Papers Last 10 years pdf
- Pratiyogita Darpan Free pdf
- DRDO previous year question papers
- TS Grewal Class 11 book pdf