Kerri’s views on transgender rights and gender-affirming medical care have brought significant attention to her and drawn criticism from many.
It remains to be seen how these issues will play out in the future, but one thing is clear: the topic of transgender rights and gender-affirming medical care is a complex and sensitive one that requires thoughtful consideration and discussion.
Kerri Seekins-Crowe’s journey from realtor to politician has been eventful, to say the least.
With a solid background in business and academia, she has quickly risen through the ranks of Montana politics.
However, her recent controversy has cast a shadow over her political future, and only time will tell whether she can weather the storm and emerge stronger on the other side.
Table of Contents
Kerri’s Views on Transgender Rights
Recently, Kerri made a statement on the topic of mental health and transgender issues, which went viral on social media.
In her statement, Kerri suggested that she would rather risk her daughter dying by suicide than allowing her to undergo gender transition.
It is important to note that Kerri did not say that her daughter identifies as transgender; rather, she claimed to be one of the parents living with a suicidal daughter.
Montana bill sponsor: I prefer my transgender daughter commit suicide rather than allow her to transition.
– Rep. Kerri Seekins-Crowe (R)pic.twitter.com/28e1aCWiR7
— The Intellectualist (@highbrow_nobrow) April 27, 2023
Seekins-Crowe’s Controversial Comment
During a debate about the bill she sponsored, Seekins-Crowe made a comment that has drawn widespread criticism.1
She stated that she was “one of those parents who lived with a daughter who was suicidal for three years” and that she would not allow her daughter to transition, even if it meant risking her life.
Seekins-Crowe went on to say that she believed her daughter was “incapable of making those decisions” and that she had to make them for her.
She added that she spent hours praying on the floor because she did not know if her daughter would be alive when she woke up.
Kerri’s Views on Gender-Affirming Medical Care
Kerri is also known for her views on gender-affirming medical care for transgender minors. In fact, she led the bill to ban such medical care in the state of Montana.
During the debate on the floor of the Montana state house, Kerri stated that even if her own daughter was suicidal, she would still block off access to such treatments.
Kerri’s controversial statements have drawn significant backlash from other politicians and individuals online.
The issue of mental health, suicide, and gender transition is a sensitive one, and Kerri’s remarks have been perceived as callous and insensitive by many.
Kerri Seekins-Crowe’s Daughters: Who Are They?
Kerri Seekins-Crowe is a prominent figure in American politics, known for her controversial views on transgender rights and gender-affirming medical care.2
Kerri and her husband, Michael Crowe, have two daughters, Chandler Crowe and Ashley Crowe. However, not much is known about them beyond their names and their relation to their mother.
Stunned Netizens React to Kerri Seekins Crowe’s Controversial Speech
In the wake of a recent controversial speech given by lawmaker Kerri Seekins Crowe, netizens from across the globe have been expressing their shock and disbelief at her beliefs.3
Crowe’s speech has ignited a heated debate on social media platforms, with many netizens expressing their outrage at the mother’s alleged disregard for her daughter’s safety.
Expressing Disbelief at the Lawmaker’s Views Many netizens found it hard to fathom that a mother could put her own daughter’s life at risk in such a manner.
Crowe’s speech has sparked widespread criticism and has led to several netizens taking to the internet to voice their opinions on the matter.
View this post on Instagram
Netizens Blast Crowe for her Views
The controversial speech has not gone down well with the online community, and many netizens have blasted Crowe for her alleged disregard for the safety of her daughter.
The backlash on social media has been intense, with netizens taking to various platforms to express their anger and disappointment at Crowe’s speech.
Kerri Seekins-Crowe: Who Is She? Bio Details
Kerri Seekins-Crowe is a rising star in Montana politics, serving as a member of the Montana House of Representatives from the 43rd district.4
With a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Alaska Fairbanks and a Master of Business Administration from Campbell University, Seekins-Crowe is not only an accomplished politician but also a seasoned realtor.
Early Career and Political Aspirations
- Before her political career, Seekins-Crowe was a customer service representative for Delta Air Lines and served as an aide to Alaska Senator Ted Stevens.
- She then pursued a career in academia, working as an adjunct professor of business at several institutions, including Montana State University Billings, Athens Technical College, Truett McConnell University, Bauder College, and Coastal Carolina Community College.
- Seekins-Crowe’s experience in business and academia provided her with a solid foundation to pursue her political aspirations.
- She was elected to the Montana House of Representatives in November 2020, and she assumed office on January 4, 2021.
- However, Seekins-Crowe found herself in hot water in April 2023 after making controversial comments about her daughter’s suicidal ideation. Her comments sparked widespread criticism, and many called for her resignation.
- Seekins-Crowe defended herself, claiming that her remarks were taken out of context and that she was simply trying to raise awareness about mental health issues.
- Despite the backlash, Seekins-Crowe remains a prominent figure in Montana politics, and her supporters believe that she has much to offer the state.
- However, the controversy surrounding her recent comments has raised questions about her judgment and suitability for public office.
Kerri Seekins-Crowe: Professional Experience
- Realtor, Pinnacle Property of Montana, 2020-present
- Adjunct Professor Of Business, Yellowstone Christian College, 2018-present
- Performance Lead, Delta Airlines, 2009-present
- Opportunity Manager, King West Media, 2019
- Business Manager, Big Dawg Construction, 2005-2008
- Location Coordinator, University of Mary, 2003-2004
- Adjunct Professor/Consultant, Athens Technical College, 1992-2002
- Area Administrator for Entreprenurial Consulting Group, Ernst & Young Limited Liability Partnership, 1995-1997
- Office Administrator/Legislative Coordinator, Birch Horton Bittner & Cherot, 1989-1991
What is Kerri Seekins-Crowe’s controversial statement about transgender issues?
Kerri Seekins-Crowe made a statement that went viral on social media suggesting that she would rather risk her daughter dying by suicide than allowing her to undergo gender transition. She claimed to be one of the parents living with a suicidal daughter.
What is the controversy surrounding Kerri Seekins-Crowe’s comment?
Kerri Seekins-Crowe’s comment has drawn widespread criticism for her alleged disregard for the safety of her daughter. Her statement has been perceived as callous and insensitive by many, and she has received significant backlash from other politicians and individuals online.
What is Kerri Seekins-Crowe’s stance on gender-affirming medical care?
Kerri Seekins-Crowe is known for her views on gender-affirming medical care for transgender minors. In fact, she led the bill to ban such medical care in the state of Montana. During the debate on the floor of the Montana state house, Kerri stated that even if her own daughter was suicidal, she would still block off access to such treatments.
Who are Kerri Seekins-Crowe’s daughters?
Kerri Seekins-Crowe has two daughters, Chandler Crowe and Ashley Crowe. However, not much is known about them beyond their names and their relation to their mother.
What is the background of Kerri Seekins-Crowe?
Kerri Seekins-Crowe is a rising star in Montana politics, serving as a member of the Montana House of Representatives from the 43rd district. She has a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Alaska Fairbanks and a Master of Business Administration from Campbell University. Before her political career, she was a customer service representative for Delta Air Lines and served as an aide to Alaska Senator Ted Stevens.