Travis Hafner is a former player in the Major League Baseball in the United States.
He now has a net worth of $26 million. Travis Hafner was born in Jamestown, North Dakota, in 1977, and he went to Cowley County Community College in Kansas to play baseball throughout his college career.
During the Major League Baseball Draft in 1996, the Texas Rangers selected him in the 31st round.
Travis Hafner: Biography
Table of Contents
Travis Hafner was born on June 3, 1977 in the town of Jamestown, North Dakota. The power swing of this MLB first baseman and designated hitter has earned him a reputation.
In 2013, he became a member of the New York Yankees, playing shortstop alongside the legendary Derek Jeter. During the Major League Baseball Draft in 1996, the Texas Rangers selected him in the 31st round.
He is widely considered to be one of the most accomplished baseball players. On the list of famous persons who were born on June 3, 1977, he has earned a place on the list.
He was born in North Dakota, but he has become one of the wealthiest baseball players in the world. Additionally, he holds a spot on the list of most popular baseball players at this time.
One of the more well-known people in our database, Travis Hafner is one of the notable people to have reached the age of 42.
Travis Hafner: Married Life With Wife Amy Hafner
Amy Hafner, Travis Hafner’s wife, and he have been together since 2006 and have been married since then. Amy and Travis are the parents of three children together.
In December of 2003, Travis and Amy had their first encounter with one another.
They became acquainted with one another during Amy’s time spent working at the Five Seasons Sports Country Club in Westlake. After being traded to the Indians from the Texas Rangers, Travis became a member of the club.
Amy asserts that she did not like Travis at first and had no intention of dating him in the beginning.
Despite this, the two initially became acquainted with one another while playing racquetball for around a year and a half and stayed friends until April 2005, when they decided to go on a date together.
After a year and a half together as a couple, Travis Hafner and Amy got engaged in January of 2006.
When the former baseball player wanted to ask Amy to marry him, he went to Mavilo Wholesalers in Tampa Bay and purchased an eternity band with a 3.5-carat diamond ring from there. After that, Travis devoted the subsequent two weeks to planning out the details of his proposal to Amy.
The mother of three recalls that they were strolling on the beach at Rocky River in January 2006 when Travis hesitantly hugged her. The event took place at that time.
Then, completely out of the blue, he proposed to her and said that he had never been more confident of anything else in his life. Before Amy gave her answer, she was taken aback by her own question.
Travis Hafner And Amy Hafner Wedding Details
When Travis Hafner and his fiancee Amy exchanged vows in 2006, Travis was 29 years old and Amy was 26 years old.
The engaged couple had at first planned to have a modest wedding, but when they saw that more than 250 people had RSVP’d, they quickly realized that this wasn’t going to be possible. They were at peace with that and felt blessed to be surrounded by their loved ones on the most important day of their lives.
Both the wedding ceremony and the reception will take place at the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, which was chosen by the couple as the setting for both events. Additionally, it provided a place for Travis’ family to stay while they were visiting from North Dakota.
They stated that they picked this location in particular because of its illustrious past and magnificent embellishments, such as skylights in the foyer and golden ceilings. Finally, Amy’s mom and dad take her by the hand and walk her down the aisle on her wedding day.
Amy made her decision after trying on her first wedding dress, which was a Henry Roth creation from The Perfect Bride in Rocky River.
The dress had lace and Swarovski crystal beading. She tried on around twenty different costumes, but she always went back to the one she had originally worn. In the end, she finished the look by adding a rectangle veil that was embellished with crystals from Swarovski and fingertip lace by Henry Roth.
Amy wore the diamond engagement ring that had belonged to her great-grandmother on her right hand, and she also wore diamond chandelier earrings that she had borrowed from Mavilo Wholesalers.
A number of well-known people, including his teammates Grady Sizemore and Casey Blake, managers Eric Wedge and Mark Shapiro, coach Joel Skinner, Derek Shelton, and Carl Willis, were present at their wedding ceremony.
Hank Blalock of the Texas Rangers, John McDonald of the Toronto Blue Jays, and Jerry “the King” Lawler, a professional wrestler, were some of the notable visitors who attended that event.
Travis Hafner: Trivia
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and, more specifically, the performer Stone Cold Steve Austin have a significant amount of admiration from Hafner.
- With 142 home runs throughout the course of his career, Hafner finished the 2007 season ranked first all-time for home runs by a player who was born in North Dakota. Darin Erstad finished in second place with 114 points.
- Hafner is one of just two players who have ever hit six grand slams in a single season, and he is one of only five players who have ever hit five grand slams in a single season. In a single season, Don Mattingly hit six grand slams, while Jim Gentile (1961), Ernie Banks (1955), and Richie Sexson (2006) each hit five great slams.
- The graduating class of twelve pupils at Hafner’s high school honored him as valedictorian.
- Playing video games on his Xbox and Playstation 2 is Hafner’s favorite way to pass the time.
- In baseball, Hafner considers Chicago to be his favorite road city, and Safeco Field to be his favorite venue when playing away from home.
- On August 11, 2002, while Hafner was playing for the Texas Rangers against the Indians, he hit his first home run of his professional career. In his five at-bats, he hit a home run, two doubles, and a single, scoring two runs and driving in three others while also doubling his RBI total. During this game, he came very close to hitting for the cycle, but he was thrown out at third base while attempting to hit a triple.
- In the offseason that followed, the Indians acquired him through a trade.
In April of 2006, Malley’s Chocolates of Cleveland presented the world with the “Pronk Bar,” a milk chocolate candy bar that was given the moniker “Pronk Bar” in Hafner’s honor.
- Travis wed his high school girlfriend, Amy Beekman, in November of 2006; the release of Hafner’s new product, “Pronk Beef Jerky,” occurred in the middle of 2007.
Travis Hafner: Career Statistics
|Major League Totals||718||2477||430||706||171||10||146||502||402||600||7||6||.393||.539||.285|
Travis Hafner: Personal Information
|Full Name||Travis Hafner|
|Net Worth||$26 Million|
|Salary||2 million USD|
|Date Of Birth||June 3, 1977|
|Place Of Birth||Sykeston, North Dakota, USA|
|Education||Cowley Community College|
|Children||Blake Lee Hafner|