Table of Contents
Toby Keith’s Restaurant Ventures
The Rise and Fall of Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill
- Toby Keith’s foray into the restaurant business
- Inspiration behind Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill
- Expansion of the restaurant chain
Closure and Legal Troubles
- Reasons behind the closure of Toby Keith’s restaurants
- Financial and legal issues leading to closures
- Involvement of Frank Capri in wire fraud scheme
Frank Capri’s Wire Fraud Scheme
The Scheme Unveiled
- Frank Capri’s criminal history and involvement in the Lucchese Crime Family
- Details of the wire fraud scheme orchestrated by Capri
- Methods used by Capri to defraud investors and vendors
- Arrest and sentencing of Frank Capri
- Charges of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and tax evasion
- Recovery efforts and remaining locations of I Love This Bar & Grill
“Never apologize for being patriotic. Fuck em.”
– Toby Keith pic.twitter.com/7nYJsAZyph
— Ted Nugent (@TedNugent) February 6, 2024
Toby Keith’s Financial Standing
Net Worth and Investments
- Estimation of Toby Keith’s net worth at the time of his death
- Sources of Toby Keith’s wealth: music, tours, and investments
- Success in the liquor business with Wild Shot mezcal
Legacy and Perspective
- Reflections on Toby Keith’s resilience and success despite setbacks
- Lack of public comment on the I Love This Bar scandal
- Toby Keith’s enduring legacy in the music and business world
Indictment of Ex-Mobster for Fraud Charges
- Frank Capri, formerly known as Frank Gioia Jr., a former Mafia soldier in Arizona, orchestrated the nationwide collapse of Toby Keith and Rascal Flatts-branded restaurants.
- Arrested on federal fraud charges along with his mother, Debbie Corvo, and an unnamed third person.
- Indicted on 16 counts of fraud, conspiracy, and money laundering by a federal grand jury on Jan. 28.
- The Arizona Republic initiated an investigation in 2015, exposing Capri as an ex-mobster who utilized a new identity from the Federal Witness Protection Program to defraud developers.
Toby Keith and Rascal Flatts Restaurant Failures
- Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill:
- Capri’s company, Boomtown Entertainment, built and operated Toby Keith restaurants across the U.S.
- Multiple closures amid allegations of fraud and theft, leaving behind civil judgments amounting to at least $65 million.
- Rascal Flatts Projects:
- Capri oversaw the collapse of 19 Rascal Flatts restaurant projects, operating through his girlfriend Tawny Costa as a front.
- Developers faced financial losses, lawsuits, and incomplete projects due to Capri’s fraudulent activities.
Transition from Mafia to Businessman
- Frank Capri’s Background:
- Gioia was a former Lucchese crime family soldier who became a government witness in the 1990s.
- Transitioned to Arizona, establishing himself as a real estate and restaurant developer under the alias Frank Capri.
- Criminal Past:
- Capri (formerly Gioia) admitted to various criminal activities, including murder, drug dealing, and arson, during his time in the Mafia.
Federal Investigation and Legal Proceedings
- Law Enforcement Response:
- FBI and the U.S. Department of Justice have declined to comment on Capri’s mob ties or financial activities.
- The Arizona U.S. Attorney’s Office initiated a criminal case against Capri’s former lawyer for embezzlement.
- Legal Proceedings:
- Gregory McClure, Capri’s former lawyer, took a plea deal for embezzlement charges.
- Capri’s trial for fraud charges is scheduled for April 7, with ongoing legal proceedings against his associates.
Obituary: Remembering Toby Keith
Country Mourns the Loss of a Music Icon
Renowned country singer Toby Keith, known for hits like “Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American),” passed away at the age of 62 after a courageous battle with stomach cancer. His legacy as a musician, patriot, and supporter of service members will endure.1
Toby Keith: A Musical Legacy
Toby Keith’s career spanned decades, marked by memorable songs and impactful performances. From his debut album in 1993 to his iconic anthem released in the aftermath of 9/11, Keith’s music resonated with audiences worldwide. Hits like “Red Solo Cup” and “I Wanna Talk About Me” cemented his status as a household name in country music.
Beyond the Stage: Keith’s Philanthropy and Patriotism
Keith’s dedication to supporting US service members was a cornerstone of his career. He frequently performed for troops stationed overseas and actively engaged in philanthropic efforts, such as gifting wheelchairs to wounded veterans. Despite his self-description as a third-generation Democrat, Keith emphasized that his support for the military transcended politics.
Recognition and Legacy
In 2021, Toby Keith was honored with the National Medal of Arts by then-President Trump, underscoring his significant contributions to American culture. His impact on the country music scene and his unwavering support for the nation’s armed forces will be remembered for generations to come.