- 1 How to Apply Online for Color Voter ID Smart Card | Color Voter ID Smart Card
- 1.1 How to Apply Online and Offline for Voter ID Smart Card If You Lost or Missed
- 1.1.1 Offline Procedure to Get Your Voter ID Card
- 1.1.2 Online Procedure to Get Your Voter ID Smart Card
- 1.1.3 Replace Old Voter ID with New Coloured Voter ID Smart Card
- 1.1.4 Why is it important to have a Voter ID Card?
- 1.1.5 FAQs Related to Color Voter ID Smart Card
- 184.108.40.206.1 Q) What is the major difference between traditional and new color voter id card?
- 220.127.116.11.2 Q) How long it will take to get the color voter id smart card?
- 18.104.22.168.3 Q) Which types of information printed on color vote id?
- 22.214.171.124.4 Q) I have submitted my Form 6 online. What happens after that?
- 126.96.36.199.5 Q) How get a mistake corrected in EPIC?
- 188.8.131.52.6 Q) Will I have to pay for the correction of mistakes?
How to Apply Online for Color Voter ID Smart Card | Color Voter ID Smart Card
Voter ID or commonly known as voter card is also known as Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC). It was first introduced during the tenure of the Chief Election Commissioner TN Seshan in the year 1993. This card serves for many purposes like it can be used as a general identity, address proof, and for age proof for some purposes like buying a new SIM card or applying for a passport but foremost of all, this voter ID or voter card is to verify the adult domicile of India who have reached the age of 18 years which can be used to show as a proof for Indian citizens while casting their vote in the country’s Municipal, State and National Elections. Get the complete details about how to apply online for color voter id card.
You will get the complete guide that how can you get the voter id smart card online.
Color Voter ID Smart Card Registration
The card was originally black and white laminated plain paper but Now-a-days, it is being issued in colour laminated format. Its size is almost same as that of some bank card. It contains general information like the name, passport photo, and address of the card holder. It also contains the serial number, a hologram sticker and stamped signature of the issuing authority.
We should also be aware while checking for a voter card of someone as there have been cases in which people use fake voter cards occasionally for other purposes to suit their personal needs. Talking about the validity of voter cards, if a person moves his/her residence to another assembly constituency, then the old card becomes invalid and the person has to register afresh as voter in the new assembly constituency.
To apply for new Aadhar Card, you need to visit an Aadhaar enrolment centers near you. At the enrollment center, you need to fill out the enrolment form, submit your biometric details along with documents required for the verification of proof of identity and the proof of address. The Aadhaar registrations have made very simple by UIDAI. Follow the steps given below, how to apply for Aadhaar card registration:
If you have smart phone or computer you can apply for color voter ID card and you’ll get your voter ID card within 1 month, you have to follow these 5 steps.
- Start from registration – For online registration you need email id and phone number, by which election commission of India can contact you easily, never use official email ID. Now Open http://www.nvsp.in/ this website in browser and click on “Apply online for registration of new voter”.
- Upload and fill information – Now fill all information and upload supported documents. You have to upload color photograph with white background, identity proof and address proof.
- Be careful while filling information – Please fill this from in free time with valid and right information, if u did any mistake it will reflect in your voter ID card. Upload your color photo with white background.
- How to change information – You can change your information in voter ID card within 15 days after filling the form. You can also track online the status of your voter ID card.
- Verification process – After receiving your online application, election commission representative also known as area booth level officer will come to verify your documents and cross check all information you provided if all information find true then within month you’ll get your color voter id card via post.
How to Apply Online and Offline for Voter ID Smart Card If You Lost or Missed
You have probably landed up over here because you have been searching for something related to Voter ID smart card lost or missed. Now over here we will be discussing everything in detailed such as
Offline Procedure to Get Your Voter ID Card
- You should fill FIR as soon as possible once your voter ID card is lost.
- Fill the form number 002 for the issuance of the duplicate of the voter ID card should be collected.
- Fill the complete form carefully.
- Attach the FIR copy along with Form 002.
- Attach all necessary documents which are required (age proof, address, aadhar, 10th certificate, etc.)
Note: Download form 002 from here -> Voter ID Card Form002
Online Procedure to Get Your Voter ID Smart Card
- Open the website according your state
S.No. State Website 1 Delhi (DL) http://ceodelhi.gov.in/ 2 West Bengal (WB) http://ceowestbengal.nic.in/ 3 Uttar Pradesh (UP) http://ceouttarpradesh.nic.in/ 4 Tamil Nadu (TN) http://www.elections.tn.gov.in/ 5 Sikkim (SK) http://ceosikkim.nic.in/ 6 Rajasthan (RJ) http://www.ceorajasthan.nic.in/index.aspx 7 Punjab (PB) http://ceopunjab.nic.in/ 8 Odisha (OR) http://ceoorissa.nic.in/ 9 Mizoram (MZ) http://ceomizoram.nic.in/ 10 Manipur (MN) http://www.ceomanipur.nic.in/index.html 11 Maharashtra (MH) https://ceo.maharashtra.gov.in/Defaultc.aspx 12 Madhya Pradesh (MP) http://www.ceomadhyapradesh.nic.in/ 13 Kerala (KL) http://www.ceo.kerala.gov.in/ 14 Karnataka (KA) http://ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/ 15 Jammu and Kashmir (JK) http://ceojk.nic.in/ 16 Himachal Pradesh (HP) http://himachal.nic.in/index.php 17 Haryana (HR) http://ceoharyana.nic.in/ 18 Bihar (BR) http://ceobihar.nic.in/ 19 Gujarat (GJ) https://ceo.gujarat.gov.in/ 20 Goa (GA) http://ceogoa.nic.in/ 21 Arunachal Pradesh (AP) http://ceoarunachal.nic.in/ 22 Assam (AS) http://ceoassam.nic.in/ 23 Telangana (TG) http://ceotelangana.nic.in/ 24 Andhra Pradesh http://ceoandhra.nic.in/home.aspx
- Now download the form number 002 and fill it
- Submit the form along with the FIR copy, proof of identification and address to the local electoral registration office.
- Open the website according your state
After getting Color voter I.D. card you can get to vote into the elections to your favorite candidate. You will get many facilities provided by Indian Government by carrying identity proof.
Please Apply for Voter ID card so that you can be a part of countries democracy. Getting Voter card is never so easy.
Replace Old Voter ID with New Coloured Voter ID Smart Card
The above information if only for the first time applicant. If you already have the voter id card and want to replace it with the colored voter id card then you have to visit the nearest concerned office and fill the application form. You can mention the reason in reason section that you have lost your voter id card.A nominal fee will be charged and colored voter id card will be issued to you.Voter id card is very important for everyone it show from where you are from.
This Voter ID card is generally known by the name of Election Photo ID card which gives a right to an owner of that Voter ID card to give a vote to their own choice politician. But, Voter ID card does not have this much role only, it also uses for different types of purposes like, for showing address proof, Identity verification, for activating new SIM card or applying for getting a passport, etc. An Indian Citizen who reaches to the age of 18 will get the voter ID card which shows that he or she is the citizen of India at the time of Casting vote.
But, if you guys get lost your Voter ID card by mistake or get stolen then you should have to do FIR against it which you can do online or offline for getting that lost ID or new ID. You should have to submit all the necessary documents and make a report as soon as possible. We have given all the details regarding lost ID in this article you can follow the above steps properly for getting your lost voter ID back.
In this article, we have also listed the process of getting a colored Voter ID card by replacing your old one. You can also do that by following the above guide or information regarding a colored voter ID card.
So, I hope this article is helpful and informative too for you. If you have any doubt then comment below we will try to help you as soon as possible.
Why is it important to have a Voter ID Card?
• It is a form of identity proof which can be used to avail services in this country.
• It allows you to cast your vote for any leader, party.
• It proves you are from India, Indian citizenship..
• It helps in reducing electoral fraud.
• you can avail a number of offers from this voter id such as getting a ration card in India, getting development scheme from government.
Q) What is the major difference between traditional and new color voter id card?
New voter id card printed in color while traditional voter id card printed with black and white color.
Q) How long it will take to get the color voter id smart card?
It takes approx. 45-60 days to reach at your registered address.
Q) Which types of information printed on color vote id?
It contains the Name, photo, address, D.O.B and your constituency. Every card get a unique serial number.
Q) I have submitted my Form 6 online. What happens after that?
Ans. Each area has a Booth Level Officer or BLO assigned. He/she will visit your residence that you have given and will do the following to confirm the details provided by you in form 6. At first, BPO will confirm that you actually reside at the address mentioned by you in Form-6. Your photograph will also be verified personally. You will have to sign in the downloaded form which is bought by BPO. He will take the proof of residence proof of age from you.
Q) How get a mistake corrected in EPIC?
Ans. If the mistake is in respect of age, the spelling of name and address, etc. you will have to fill in Form-8 along with proof of the correct information.
Q) Will I have to pay for the correction of mistakes?
In case the mistake has been due to an error on the part of the Election Officials then the correction will be made free of cost. In case you are responsible for the mistake in the first place such as by entering incorrect information, then you need to pay Rs.25/- in cash at your VREC for receiving the corrected Voter Identity Card (EPIC). Please remember to take the receipt for the amount paid by you.
keep following us for the latest update o everything and things related to this, we are there to help you out in every corner . you can subscribe us to get the latest updates on the exam papers , syllabus and the previous year question papers. you must have heard that before casting a poll you should have your voter id card, that shows the citizenship of India. and for that you should make a voter id card it the steps mentioned above.
For latest update follow – Current Affairs and If you have any query or doubt put in comments.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.