Alok Kumar Verma
- Senior IPS officer Alok Kumar Verma took charge as the new Commissioner of Delhi Police oft February 29, 2016.
- He succeeded BS Bassi who was at loggerheads with the AAP government on a range of issues in the last one year.
- Verma, a 1979-batch IPS officer of the AGMUT (Arunachal Pradesh- Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory) cadre, was serving as the Director General of Tihar jail.
- Earlier, he had served Delhi Police in number of positions, including Deputy Commissioner of police, South district, joint commissioner of the crime branch, joint commissioner of police, New Delhi Range, special CP (Intelligence) and special CP, vigilance.
- Former CAG Vinod Rai was appointed as first Chairman of the Banks Board Bureau (BBB) on February 28, 2016.
- He was the Comptroller and Auditor General between January, 2008 and May, 2013, during which a number of CAG reports led to various scams including in the telecom and coal sectors coming to light.
- The bureau will give recommendations on appointment of directors in public sector banks and advise on ways to raise funds and mergers and acquisitions to the lenders.
- ICICI Bank’s former Joint Managing Director HN Sinor, Bank of Baroda’s former CMD Anil K. Khandelwal and rating agency CRISIL’s former Chief Rupa Kudwa have been appointed as members.