Aspirants who are going to appear in CHSL exam can get SSC CHSL Syllabus for the post of LDC & DEO from cuurent-affairs.org. 12th pass out candidates can also try their luck in the exam that makes the competition very high as large number of people apply for this exam. Candidate should make his/her mind clear about this exam so that they can crack the exam in the give time.
We have cover each and every sector so that the candidate coming to this page can get all the information. The detailed SSC 10+2 Level Exam Syllabus, which is given below will help you to start your preparation in an appropriate manner.
SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern – Written Exam Pattern for Tier – 1
Written exam consists of Objective Type Multiple choice questions only. There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Read Also – CDS Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2017
Syllabus for CHSL
General Intelligence Syllabus
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Figural Classification
- Semantic Series
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Coding and de-coding
- Numerical operations
- Symbolic operations
- Space Orientation
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/pattern – folding & unfolding
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Embedded figures
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence
- Other sub-topics
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
Also Read – NDA General Ability Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Computation of Whole Number
- Decimal and Fractions
- Relationship between numbers
Fundamental arithmetical operations:
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square roots
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and distance
- Time and work
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra (and their simple applications) e.g. Formulas for (a+b)2, (a-b)2, (a+b)3, (a-b)3, a3-b3, a3+b3, a2-b2; if a+b+c=0, then a3+b3+c3=3abc, etc. and Elementary surds (simple problems)
Graphs of Linear Equations
Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts:
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers viz. Centroid, In-center, Orthocenter, Circumcenter
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals
- Regular Polygons (sum of the internal angles of a polygon)
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Sphere, Hemispheres
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry (for acute angles θ with 0≤θ≤90)
- Trigonometric ratios
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities like sin2θ + Cos2θ = 1, etc.
Complementary Angles, Heights and Distances (simple problems only)
Use of Tables and Graphs:
- Frequency polygon
Questions are designed to test your general awareness of the environment around you and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Skill Test For DEO
In this test, you will be given a printed sheet of 2000-2200 words in which you have to type within 15 minutes. You are judged based on how many correct entries of the key depressions you made.
This test is of qualifying nature only. You have to make 2,000 correct key depressions.
Typing Test For LDC
You can take the test either in Hindi or in English. You are given a text passage, which you have to enter correctly in 10 minutes. The speed is judged based on how many words you could correctly type on the computer.
This test is qualifying nature only.
SC Tier II Exam Syllabus:
The SSC Tier 2 will be descriptive type. The total marks will be of total 200 marks and time duration will be of 2 Hours. The question will be from quantitative and English.
Following points to be consider:
- There will be 1 mark for each correct answer
- There will be a Negative Marking 0.50 marks for Quantitative Aptitude Sections and 25 marksfor English Language and Comprehension
- Only those candidates who will qualify tier 1 will be allowed to appear in Tier 2
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent
- The Paper will be either in English or Hindi
|Tier II (Descriptive)||200 marks||2 Hours|
SSC Tier III Exam Pattern:
The tier III will be Data Entry Test. This will be applicable only for post of Assistant Audit Officer. For the Typing test, there will be 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature.
Note: Only Candidates who are VH/OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy) and OH with deformity in writing hand will be allowed 35 minutes including compensatory time 20 minutes for the skill test.
|Tier III||2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes||15 Minutes for Typing skill|
Candidates should also know the SSC CHSL Syllabus because preparation of those topics which are not in syllabus is just waste of time. So here we have presented the syllabus subject wise. We request candidate to prepare their exam as per the exam pattern and syllabus only.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for the current affairs, previous year question papers, online quiz for the competitive exams and many more. If you need more question paper comment down your email id.