Born on July 2, 1985, Chad Steven Henne is a quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League.
Henne is a member of the American football team known as the Kansas City Chiefs. (NFL). For his studies, he attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
During his time at Michigan, Henne became only the second true freshman to start at quarterback for the Wolverines in the school’s history.
He amassed 32 wins in the regular season, 8,740 offensive yards, and 87 touchdowns, and led the Wolverines to a victory over Florida in the Capital One Bowl during his senior year.
He was able to shoot for more than 350 yards, which contributed to him being named the game’s Most Valuable Player.
Chad Henne: Parents
Table of Contents
When Chad Henne was in the third grade, his parents, Sheldon and Suzanne Henne, relocated the family to Wyomissing along with Chad’s sister, Tracie Henne.
When Chad Henne was a freshman for the Michigan Wolverines in 2004, his father, Sheldon, didn’t anticipate that Chad would start his first game for the team.
Chad’s father swelled with pride as he saw his son lead the pack during the game, despite the fact that nobody believed that a rookie would be handed a starting role. Chad starred in the contest.
Sheldon Henne was a high school football coach in addition to working as a welder on a full-time basis.
Chad didn’t avoid going to the welding sites only because he enjoyed spending time with his dad at the football grounds so much.
Chad was inspired to improve his performance on the football field after watching Sheldon give it his all at the welding job.
Chad’s perception that his father’s work was more painful than anything he had to go through in football helped him become a more resilient athlete. Chad never heard his father complain about the difficulties of his profession.
When Chad played for the Miami Dolphins, both Sheldon and Sue made it a point to see all of his games. Sue Henne has been working at the Reading Family Dental Center as the office manager for the past 31 years, which is a role she has held throughout her career.
The grandmother of two may be found posting pictures of her grandchildren and her son’s accomplishments on her Instagram account.
They have been calling Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, their home for the past three decades, and the couple continues to make that location their permanent abode.
These days, they aren’t seen at Chad’s games, but the fact that their only son continues to demonstrate on the field the discipline and hard work he acquired from his parents undoubtedly makes them more than satisfied.
Chad Henne: Net Worth 2023
The Miami Dolphins selected Chad in the first round of the NFL draft in 2008.
Between the years of 2005 and 2011, he was a member of the team after signing a contract worth a total of $3.5 million over the course of four years.
Following the injury to his shoulder, the team announced that they would not be signing the player; consequently, he decided to negotiate a contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars for an additional four years.
The most recent team to re-up their commitment did so in 2014, signing a deal for $8 million.
He is a member of the Kansas City Chiefs at the moment. His new agreement with Kansas City is for two years and contains a signing bonus of $3.1 million as well as a guaranteed value of $5,115,000.
As an NFL player, he makes $10 million a year in salary and endorsements. It has been estimated that he has made more than $45 million throughout his whole career in the NFL.
In addition to the money he brings in each month, he has a home in Michigan that is 4,800 square feet, has five bedrooms, and three garages that is worth $900,000. It is anticipated that Chad Henne will have a net worth of $7 million by the year 2023.
Chad Henne: Education
Chad Henne went to Wilson High School and was a member of the football squad for the Bulldogs during his time there.
In addition, Henne holds the records for most touchdown passes in a game, career passing yards, and most touchdown passes in a season for the Wilson football team.
In addition to that, Chad continued his education at the University of Michigan after graduating from high school. After that point, he maintained his position as a player for the Wolverines.
View this post on Instagram
Chad Henne: Career Details
- Chad has been passionate about the game of baseball ever since he was in high school.
- Throughout his time as head coach of the Bulldogs at Wilson School District, the team did not suffer a single loss during the regular season.
- He was selected for the Pennsylvania All-State Football Team and was named the 2003 Gatorade Player of the Year in Pennsylvania Football when he was a senior in high school.
- As a result of his selection to the Parade High School All-American Football Team, he was honored with induction into the Wilson High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Additionally, Henne’s debut campaign was a smashing success on all fronts. After finishing his junior year of high school in 2002, Chad had the option of choosing among forty different athletic scholarships.
- When it came time for Chad to select a school for his undergraduate education, Henne joined the Wolverine fraternity at the University of Michigan.
- When Chad joined the team, Matt Gutierrez, who was sidelined with a shoulder injury at the time, was the player he was supposed to replace.
- The highlights of that season were a record-tying performance in the Rose Bowl against Texas and a victory against an in-state foe Michigan State that went to triple OT. Both of these games were played as a freshman.
- After being named to the All-American third team in 2005, by the time 2006 rolled around, he had earned back the respect and reputation he had lost the previous year.
- It doesn’t change the fact that Henne finished his collegiate career with 828 completed passes out of 1,388 attempts, 87 touchdowns, and 37 interceptions, so it’s not like this changes anything.
- There is also the fact that each of them is a record kept at a school. In addition to that, he has the second-highest amount of passing touchdowns in the history of the Big Ten Conference.
- In addition to his remarkable accomplishments in high school, Henne was chosen by the Miami Dolphins in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft with pick number 57.
- He was chosen after quarterbacks Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and Brian Brohm, making him the fourth quarterback overall.
- On July 26, 2008, Henne signed a contract that was worth $3.5 million over the course of four years. The same can be said about Chad, who made his debut in the National Football League against the Arizona Cardinals but then only played in two more games after that.
- During the third game of the 2009 season, Chad had an injury to his shoulder as well as his rotator cuff, which ended his season.
- Last but not least, Chad made his professional debut on October 4, 2009, when the Buffalo Bills were the opponent. As the season went on, he continued to show signs of improvement.
- Chad, on the other hand, sustained wounds ranging from his eye to his shoulder. This outstanding athlete’s performance throughout the rest of the season was like riding a roller coaster.
- Chad Henne was chosen by the NFL in the year 2008. Tom Brady finished the 2011 season with 517 more passing yards than Henne did with 416, despite the fact that Henne had a 93.6 passer rating and was widely considered to be the best quarterback.
- Henne became a free agent at the end of February 2012, when the Miami Dolphins announced that they would not be signing him for the upcoming 2012 season.
- This move resulted in Henne’s release from his contract with the Dolphins. After signing a contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars for two years, Chad will be joining the team within the next month.
- Despite having a rough beginning to the season, Henne finished the year as the primary quarterback of the team and started all 13 games.
- In a similar fashion, the Jaguars extended a player’s contract in 2014 by two years and for an additional eight million dollars.
- Despite this, his performance during the first half of the game was unimpressive, and he spent the majority of his time on the bench. 2015 was a year in which not much had changed. Henne was given a new contract worth $8 million over the course of two years in order to serve as Bortles’ backup quarterback.
- In addition, after completing his career with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2018, Henne signed a contract with the team that was good for two years.
- Chad made just one appearance during the 2018 season, and it came in Week 17 against the Oakland Raiders. However, the year after that, he was put on injured reserve, and he did not return to train with the squad until October of that year.
View this post on Instagram
Chad Henne: Wife And Children
According to rumors, Brittany was born in Romania and relocated to the United States when she was still a child.
She graduated from Wilson High School, which is located in West Lawn, Pennsylvania, prior to enrolling in the University of Michigan. Twelve years have passed since Chad and Brittany tied the knot.
They have known one another ever since they were both young children. When they were in middle school, Chad was very good friends with Chris, Brittany’s brother.
It is said that the couple first began dating while they were still in high school, before going on to study together at the University of Michigan, where Henne was the leading quarterback. The year 2010 marked the year of the couple’s wedding.
Chace, the older of Brittany and Chad Henne’s two children, is nine years old, while Hunter, the younger, is seven.
The children of Henne are also working toward a career in athletics in an effort to emulate their successful father. Both of these children are on the cusp of greatness on the basketball court, and their father is always cheering them on.
Undoubtedly, Chad Henne takes great pride in the sports accomplishments of his children.
It has been incredible to watch Brittany and Chad Henne move from being high school sweethearts to the proud parents of two children. Their story can be summed up in one word: extraordinary.
Chad Henne: Personal Information
|Real Name||Chad Steven Henne|
|Birthday||July 2, 1985|
|Profession||American Football Player|
|Net Worth||$17 million|
|Parents||Sheldon Henne (Father), Suzanne Henne (Mother)|