Union Government Launched Scheme for Wind Power Project
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) laundied Scheme for setting-up of 1000 MW Wind Power Project connected to transmission network of Central Transmission Utility (CTU) on June 15, 2016.
- It has an objective to facilitate supply of wind power to the non-windy states at a price discovered through transparent bidding process.
- The Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) designated the nodal agency for implementing the scheme, under which wind power will be supplied to ‘non-windy’ States at prices decided through competitive bidding.
- Globally, India is at the 4th position in terms of wind power installed capacity after China, the USA and Germany.
Union Government Approved Civil Aviation Policy
- The Union government approved Civil Aviation Policy on June 15, 2016. This is the first time since Independence that an integrated Civil Aviation Policy has been brought out by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. It aims at increasing regional connectivity, boosting cargo operations and making it easier and possibly cheaper for passengers to fly.
- The Viability Gap Funding (VGF) will be funded by a small levy per departure on all domestic routes other than Cat ll/Cat IIA routes, RCS routes and small aircraft at a rate as decided b) the Ministry from time-to-time. A detailed scheme will be put up in the Public domain for stakeholder’s consultations,
- The 3/20 Rule for commencement of international flight in operation since 2004 is replaced by a formulation which provides a level playing field and allows airlines, both new and old, to commence international operations provided they continue to meet some obligation for domestic operation,
- All airlines can commence international operations provided they deploy 20 aircraft or 20% of total capacity (In term of average number of seats on all departures put together), whichever Is higher, for domestic operations.